Father & Son SS1K

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce McCrary

Reaction score
This past Monday (March 8th) my son and I completed our first Saddle Sore 1000. This is something we've been wanting to do for literally years and were finally able to not only make the attempt, but got it done.

I wrote up a ride report and posted it along with a few pictures on my blog if anyone would like to read about it.

https://rdytogo.blogspot.com/2010/03/iron-butt.html

Bruce

Nice job to you and Bryan. Thanks for taking the time to do the report and pics ...Nice to share your fun,

.....and it'll be something you can go back to and reminisce in future years

I enjoyed the write-up. It has inspired me to start planning my next IBA ride. I already know I need a seat, though, and that's going to be $$$.

Wow... father & son SS1K team , Congrats!

Now submit that ride docs & wait...

jdfjr

IBA # 38829

Enjoyed the report Bruce....you highlighted some very similar feelings I had in January when i did mine.

Two things stuck out that were in common....Dadgum, it's cold...and getting a receipt with the wrong time...

You spoke right to the point, that internally you plan for the event that you might decide you can't do it all the way...I think that planning, gives you comfort and allows you to push further without giving up on it.

It's definitely cool that you and Bryan rode together, for me it was just me and the MP3 tunes......

Congrats, let us know when the certi comes through...

Enjoyed your blog. It has inspired me to possibly try this

Pretty cool. I wonder if I could talk my 93 year old dad into doing a SS1k with me? :unsure:

uhhh, not..

That's what makes this RR so good - very, very cool.