Feather River Canyon Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see at least three names on the list who take pictures on rides. Your mission, make everyone else miserable about missing this one.

Have fun, return safe.

SACTO CHEVRON LIST:

bikeman9

Dave Migliore

feeger

gfran

Hycle

madmike2

OneRider (per feeger)

Ric in Sac

Rogdeb (Yes...they ARE coming along)

weekend rider

This large a contingent is going to make "warp speed" on 99 a "No-No". CHP tends to watch that stretch of highway and this group will be "profiled" as hooligans. Like they know us, already!

Forewarned is fore-armed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Add one more to the Sac Chevron meet up. I'll be coming up from the Bay Area so will have to get an "early" start. Anyone else coming from this direction??

Roy

As a Quincy native, might I suggest a different dining establishment? The Morning Thunder was sold this past spring, the previous owner needed to finance his legal defense on some controlled substance charges. The new owners are, well lest just say not customer friendly. I took my 14 YO son there for lunch one day back in April. We each had a cheeseburger, potatoes (still no fries) and a drink and the bill was over $25. I mean $2.25 for a SINGLE can of soda, and no refill? On another day, during the High Sierra Music Festival, my wife had a lady come into the Co-op where she works and was told the tale of Morning Thunder's latest escapade. Seems a older lady, long time resident of Plumas county, went into MT for lunch. Was immediately seated as the place wasn't very busy. She sat down, ordered coffee and a meal. She got her coffee rather quickly but after about 30 minutes she asked where her food was. She was told it was coming right out. Another 20 minutes go by without any food being served to her, so she put a few dollars on the table for the coffee and walked out. One of the MT personnel chased her out onto the sidewalk and angrily asked where she thought she was going. She said she was leaving. The MT person said you haven't paid for your food! She: I didn't get ANY food!. The MT person then flipped her off!

MT used to be ok, but its really gone downhill. For a better meal at a fair price with usually great service, I'd like to suggest the Courthouse Cafe. They are on Main St. on the east bound road, right across the street from the county courthouse. There is plenty of parking on the street for bikes and cars, or you can ride around the back of the courthouse and park on the west side. That way your machine will be off the main street.

Also, be advised, this weekend is the Plumas-Sierra County Fair so there wuill be lots of traffic in town and a parade starting at 10:30AM. The parade should be pretty much over by the time y'all get to Quincy. The one way streets should be back to normal, but be prepared for some strange street routing, just in case.

I'd love to ride along with on part of this ride, but I'm going to be pulling a float in the parade, so my Saturday is spoken for.

Have fun and ride safe.

Ray

Man, oh Man: This ride sure looks like some big time fun. If I didn't have an event planned with my real Son Seth (12) tomorrow, I think I'd jump on a flight to The Bay Area and rent from https://www.dubbelju.com that I have used previously.

So, MadMike2: If Old Michael doesn't show up, do you just put a cardboard cut out of him pillion on one of the other FJR's??

I just called MsNascar and told her about the ride and then suggested we leave about 10pm tonight to make it by KSU in Marysville tomorrow morning. She was all over it until she started adding up the miles to and from SoCal. Needless to say, we have to back out of this great sounding ride. We especially wanted to ride with Rick and Karen one last time. They were a blast when we rode with them to NAFO last year. :fans:

Have fun all and ride safe.

Looks like Terrie and I might should make it, if Terrie is not to hung over from our time at the Nevada County Fair tonight.

We might even bring a guest rider that has been AWOL for a few years. Our son Anthony has the day off from his girlfriend and he might go with us as well!

[SIZE=14pt]Lunch Venue Change![/SIZE]

Courthouse Cafe

525 Main Street

Quincy, CA

MT used to be ok, but its really gone downhill. For a better meal at a fair price with usually great service, I'd like to suggest the Courthouse Cafe. They are on Main St. on the east bound road, right across the street from the county courthouse. There is plenty of parking on the street for bikes and cars, or you can ride around the back of the courthouse and park on the west side. That way your machine will be off the main street.
[SIZE=8pt]Also, be advised, this weekend is the Plumas-Sierra County Fair so there will be lots of traffic in town and a parade starting at 10:30AM. The parade should be pretty much over by the time y'all get to Quincy. The one way streets should be back to normal, but be prepared for some strange street routing, just in case. [/SIZE]

I'd love to ride along with on part of this ride, but I'm going to be pulling a float in the parade, so my Saturday is spoken for.

Ray
Thanks for the local information, Ray. We'll move lunch to the Courthouse Cafe. If you can, swing by and say hello. We shouldn't be in Quincy much before 12:30 or a little later. We'll be stopping at the rest area along the river for pictures and.....

Er...uhm...isn't pulling a float a little hard on the bike's clutch? :rolleyes:

All y'all have a great ride. Some of us SoCal'ers (and one quasi-UAE'er) will be playing in the canyons of the Santa Monica Mountains manana. Please say "hello" to all from the Socal folks. I guess we may all have to ride up to AK and visit Rick and Karen sometime soon (well, not this winter).

Y'all are doin' this on purpose, huh!?!? Turning our nice, quite, planned, intimate ride into a NorCal Group Affair.

heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh

I count 19 "known" bikes coming to our little day-ride.

I love it when a plan comes together! Yahoooooooo!

Youse guyz are the bestest! B)

Just pulled a sheet rock screw out of the back tire. Pulled out the trusty (never been used) tire plug kit. What a piece of crap, glue was non existant and tool was garbage.

Made a quick dash to Kragens down the street, two minutes before they closed, and got a good kit.

Good news is the tire is plugged and holds air. See you all in the morning.

Mike and Terri

Just pulled a sheet rock screw out of the back tire. Pulled out the trusty (never been used) tire plug kit. What a piece of crap, glue was non existant and tool was garbage. Made a quick dash to Kragens down the street, two minutes before they closed, and got a good kit.

Mike and Terri
I'll have my tire kit and a can of "Fix-a-flat". Just in case.......

Just pulled a sheet rock screw out of the back tire. Pulled out the trusty (never been used) tire plug kit. What a piece of crap, glue was non existant and tool was garbage. Made a quick dash to Kragens down the street, two minutes before they closed, and got a good kit.

Mike and Terri
I'll have my tire kit and a can of "Fix-a-flat". Just in case.......

Thanks Mikey

:) :) :yahoo:

SACTO CHEVRON LIST:
Rsvlfeej

This large a contingent is going to make "warp speed" on 99 a "No-No".

Whoops, wasn't planning to meet at the Sacto Chevron...

I'll skip the extra half hour of slab time and see you all in Marysville at the appointed time (9:30) via Hwys 65/70.

SACTO CHEVRON LIST:
Rsvlfeej

This large a contingent is going to make "warp speed" on 99 a "No-No".

Whoops, wasn't planning to meet at the Sacto Chevron...

I'll skip the extra half hour of slab time and see you all in Marysville at the appointed time (9:30) via Hwys 65/70.

Yeah, I wondered about that.

Fixed! See you in Marysville, Patrick.