Finally bit the bullet...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a battle between riding time you spend on the push scooter in the first pic and your fjr? Just curious.

I would question Heli on making a new riser setup, as I don't see them dumping the plate & redesign it for a bike that is due for an up date.
Well you can call and question them.

Heli Multi Adjustable Bars

They are in fact not revamping the Heli riser plate, but this product that they offered for cruisers, it is called 3-D, and allows a infinite adjustment forward and back on the grips along with the bars. 6 inch pullback if you want it. As I read it is all ready on the Connie and Rider had a write up on the Connie with them in the same magazine. The add the Connie review points to explicitly says now available for the Connie and the FJR and Honda, with a few other bikes being designed for and available soon.

I like them a lot but the price stops me cold.

And I would not hold my breath for a update on the FJR anytime soon. Heli is going after units sold, and on the street, not on any projection or wishful thinking on FJR updates. I am sure they will adapt with very minimal re tooling if that happens.
well if Heli was going after units sold aren't they a little slow in the game? Yes I read the article & I'm surprised it took them this long to come out with this setup (since connie came out in 08. Heli made a setup like that for the st1100 years ago & just made a plate for the st1300 (go figure) Also I don't need an updated Fjr as my 07 suits me just fine.

Great news! I've got the triple clamp on-hand waiting for my next visit to the mechanic. Hopefully it'll do the same and help keep my hand from going numb. Really sucks not being able to ride your touring bike comfortably for more than 20 minutes. :/

Is there a battle between riding time you spend on the push scooter in the first pic and your fjr? Just curious.
Good eye, but you didn't look close enough. Look a little closer and you'll see the red electric scooter beside the silver push scooter. Electric is mine. Wife gets the push scooter. :rolleyes:

BTW... it's 70% in favor of the scooter.

This was the first thing I did when I got my bike in June, Best money spent to date. Worst was the 250 dollar throttle lock. (But that’s a different thread)

I did the Heli clap myself but I removed the ignition switch with a saws-all. I also didn’t get the steering nut right.

If you get the steering nut wrong you will hear a odd noises coming from the front end and the bikes handling will change for the worst.

I would still do the work myself, if just for the experience and I feel more that this bike is mine every time I screw with it. As far as getting it right the first time…

I will be taking it in to the shop when I need the brakes worked on. :blush2:

It's all Heli. The GenMars will not work with the Heli clamp. The risers are an extra $70. Plenty of room for full turn of the bars on the cables. They're at the max stretch now though. Couldn't go any further back or up and still maintain slack with the stock cables.
You stated that GenMar risers won't work with Heli. Is it because of the height or is there another reason. Asking because I picked up a used original model Heli clamp off Ebay. It just brings bars back without the rise. Was thinking about trying to use my GenMar risers with it.

It's all Heli. The GenMars will not work with the Heli clamp. The risers are an extra $70. Plenty of room for full turn of the bars on the cables. They're at the max stretch now though. Couldn't go any further back or up and still maintain slack with the stock cables.
You stated that GenMar risers won't work with Heli. Is it because of the height or is there another reason. Asking because I picked up a used original model Heli clamp off Ebay. It just brings bars back without the rise. Was thinking about trying to use my GenMar risers with it.
If you look at the Heli clamp, the mount that attaches to the handlebars is at an angle. Genmars are a flat piece of aluminum block. No way they will mount up to the angled heli clamp. I'm really not sure what you mean by original model Heli. Hopefully you don't have the GEN I clamp for your 2008. I you look closely at the pics I put up you will see the slanted angle of the mount I'm speaking of.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the Heli clamp, the mount that attaches to the handlebars is at an angle. Genmars are a flat piece of aluminum block. No way they will mount up to the angled heli clamp. I'm really not sure what you mean by original model Heli. Hopefully you don't have the GEN I clamp for your 2008. I you look closely at the pics I put up you will see the slanted angle of the mount I'm speaking of.
Are Heli's optional riser block on an angle? It looks like they are flat just like Gen Mar's, except for the height difference. I can see that the triple clamp is on an angle.

The Original Heli triple clamp brings the bars back something like 1 1/2" and keeps the stock height. The number for it is HRT076 and the newer version is HRT076-2.

Well... I finally decided to quit screwing around and pass the prerequisite pictures of dead Presidents for a Helibars triple clamp and risers.

heli3.jpg
I'm hoping you can tell me what kind of risers are on THIS bike (if it even shows up...based on my uploading skills!)

Thanks for any info (if the picture does show)......and for your patience (if it doesn't) :)

KGrHqIOKosE4uE7fq2BOWscnw8Y60_3.jpg

Hey.........it worked!!

Well... I finally decided to quit screwing around and pass the prerequisite pictures of dead Presidents for a Helibars triple clamp and risers.

heli3.jpg
I'm hoping you can tell me what kind of risers are on THIS bike (if it even shows up...based on my uploading skills!)

Thanks for any info (if the picture does show)......and for your patience (if it doesn't) :)

KGrHqIOKosE4uE7fq2BOWscnw8Y60_3.jpg

Hey.........it worked!!
Are you talking about the top or bottom pic?

The top is a Heli triple clamp with optional riser blocks. The bottom looks like GenMar risers or something similar. There are others making some like them.

How much will you sell the old riser blocks for? I'd like to try them first before moving to your current setup.

Are Heli's optional riser block on an angle? It looks like they are flat just like Gen Mar's, except for the height difference. I can see that the triple clamp is on an angle.

The Original Heli triple clamp brings the bars back something like 1 1/2" and keeps the stock height. The number for it is HRT076 and the newer version is HRT076-2.
K:

I think the one you have is the clamp that does not have the built in riser or the two position (forward and back) setting. With that in mind, I really have no idea if the GenMar blocks will bolt on. I know the one on my bike has the built in risers and the blocks that fit to those risers are angled just like the base it mounts to. The GenMar blocks will not bolt to my HRT076-2 clamp.

Those $700 adjustable bars for the Connie may be comfortable, but man are they ass-ugly!!

conniebars.jpg

Look like something off a rototiller:

tiller-21A-683F766.jpg

Just don't take it too far:

ape-hangers.jpg