Finally, I'm in!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJayR

Reaction score
Bought my new(to me)08 beauty yesterday and rode it home 140 miles in 40 degree weather with a big fat smile on my face the whole time. I made the mistake of riding an 08 at a dealer 2 years ago and haven't been able to shake the rush it gave me since. I joined this forum at that time and have been reading and learning since. I also have looked at practically every FJR in the country the last few months through cycle trader and ebay. Finally found the one for me through a great guy named Jim in Evansville,Ind. Rode it back to Louisville,Ky yesterday. What a great machine! Had a blast even though I felt like a popscicle most of the way (factory heated grips first farkle on the horizon)I've had a BMW RT the last 9 years and Harleys and Kaws prior to that. They were all good bikes but none have matched the pure joy of slicing through the wind on a machine that feels like its a part of you. Can't wait to get back on it. You'll have to excuse me now,I think she's calling me. Jay

:yahoo: Resistance was futile. You have been assimilated. :yahoo:

By the way, be sure to take advantage of many of the free services provided by the FJR forum, specifically the one where we help you deplete your bank account by suggesting farkles you simply can't live without.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm drooling that much more now knowing someone locally has acquired one and I'm still looking... congratulations on your new bike!

Bought my new(to me)08 beauty yesterday and rode it home 140 miles in 40 degree weather with a big fat smile on my face the whole time. I made the mistake of riding an 08 at a dealer 2 years ago and haven't been able to shake the rush it gave me since. I joined this forum at that time and have been reading and learning since. I also have looked at practically every FJR in the country the last few months through cycle trader and ebay. Finally found the one for me through a great guy named Jim in Evansville,Ind. Rode it back to Louisville,Ky yesterday. What a great machine! Had a blast even though I felt like a popscicle most of the way (factory heated grips first farkle on the horizon)I've had a BMW RT the last 9 years and Harleys and Kaws prior to that. They were all good bikes but none have matched the pure joy of slicing through the wind on a machine that feels like its a part of you. Can't wait to get back on it. You'll have to excuse me now,I think she's calling me. Jay
Get you a Rifle windshield and some cold weather gear and 20* feels like nothing. Congrats

Tha's right! Your escape pod has been jetisoned!

Best of luck with your "new to you" FJR in the future.

I have always loved mine! :yahoo:

Twist downward, but....be mindful to keep the rubber side down, there are Cling-Ons about!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay,

Congratulations! This machine is hard explain until you ride one! My heart flitters every time I take a ride.

What a well designed platform... get a RD for Budget sake... it is tough when it is soooo smooth.

Many Happy Miles & Smiles to ya!

Congrats on the purchase Jay! With just a couple additions, you'll be riding anytime there's not snow or ice on the ground.

Have fun and enjoy the new scoot!

--G

Jay,

I also have an '08. I installed the OEM heated grips and a Powerlet outlet for my heated vest and battery tender. The Powerlet connects directly to the battery and I located mine my the left side muffler bracket, right above my left ankle, the cable length and mounting bracket is FJR specific.

Jay,

Looks like another black(best color) FJR in Lou-a-vul! I had an '08 model and also a white '06 Goldwing. I thought the G'wing was the end all-be all bike so I sold the FJR with only 1500 miles on it. Turns out I really missed my FeeJay and the Goldwing, while a really nice bike, became too much for every day riding fun. I finally sold the Goldwing last year and went down to Yamaha of Louisville and bought their only '09 in the showroom. I didn't like the black wheels on the '09 model and they agreed to swap out the silver wheels on their '10 model and I haven't looked back....

You made a great choice!!

Ride safe!

Bill

Jay,

I also have an '08. I installed the OEM heated grips and a Powerlet outlet for my heated vest and battery tender. The Powerlet connects directly to the battery and I located mine my the left side muffler bracket, right above my left ankle, the cable length and mounting bracket is FJR specific.
I've already priced the OEM heated grips and although they were a little steep ($400plus?)I think that will be my 1st addition, just haven't decided for sure if I'm going to try to tackle installation or let the dealer do it. The Powerlet sounds like a great idea too as I've gotten spoiled by my beemer heated vest and plug in trickle charger. Thanks for the suggestion that will probably be #2. Ride safe

Congrats on the new ride. It's always fun to see and hear the excitement of new owners! I've had mine since the summer of 06 and the bike still gives me a rush every ride. I also find myself just admiring the bike in the garage and sitting on her during extended no ride periods just to get that feeling. Ride safe, have great fun....................

I also find myself just admiring the bike in the garage and sitting on her during extended no ride periods just to get that feeling.
At least try to do circles in the garage to expand your temporary experience! Let us know what the MPG will be!

Congrats Jay!! Sounds like you already had your first adventure just getting her home!! It's a cool feeling getting to know a new bike especially one like the FJR. Great comfort and great performance. Copy on the heated grips. Just got the OEM ones installed. Super EZ install and they are one nice farkle. Have fun and ride safe!

Latest posts