FINALLY! R1 back on the road....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
The R1 was down for a long while getting a buch of mods done, and it's all back together, ready to start JAMMIN!!!!!!!!! B)

Finally got both Carrozzeria wheels on.... gold is pretty sweet against the red, isn't it?

FullRightside.jpg

Don't those Leo Vince Titanium Racing Ovals look shit-hot? Note the brand new, zero-mile Dunlop Qualifiers; finally got shat of those greasy-ass Dunlop 218s!

SBKs_rt_qtr.jpg

I had some killer custom cutting work for my rear rotor, check out the results!

CTS_rearrotor.jpg

CTS_rotor1.jpg

All my powder-coating is now done. Here's a somewhat overexposed shot of the left rearset, and all shift linkages that were powder-coated a 90% gloss black. Note the new R&G slider.... I was concerned that I would be forever stubbing my toe on it, but that hasn't proved to be the case....

powdercoated_shifter2.jpg

The powder-coat rearsets on the brake side..... and another R&G slider, this one protects the clutch housing...

powdercoated_brakeside.jpg

Only two goodies - a PC-IIIusb, and a Speedohealer - are left to install, and then I'm done (for a while, anyway....) .. The importance of installing the Speedohealer soon was made apparent in today's ride.... when I got the Carrozzeria wheels, I had to get new sprockets. I went up a tooth in the rear, and down a tooth up front. Now my factory speedo is *all* dorked up, it reads waaay too high.... the Speedohealer will make it all good..

Still and all, the bike looks pretty smokin' hot, I think.... B)

FullRightside2.jpg

The bike is totally tits... as you would say. You prolly got too much in it to try a track day I'm guessing? I did a few parade laps at Barber this week-end, now I'm jonesin' for a track bike.

Now we know what you'll be riding in the upcoming Utah 1088.
Heh..... no way, no how, is this killer machine ever going to be running the Utah 1088, or any other Endurance Rally.

You will, however, see the Blackbird at the Start Line, as it is my primary LD Rally bike..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You will, however, see the Blackbird tat the Start Line, as it is my primary LD Rally bike..... ;)
You should check out the FJR1300, a lot of people swear by them for LD work. :p

I just messed myself... :dribble:

Killer bike! Don't leave the garage door unlocked or nuttin'! ;) :D

You should check out the FJR1300, a lot of people swear by them for LD work. 
BTDT, got the t-shirt.

The last time I took a FJR to an Endurance Rally, it ended up ticking like a bastard... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Besides, the Blackbird is better suited for the particular tasks I have planned this summer. :bigeyes: :lol:

Wow!

For the record, I was able to enjoy my brand new 06 FJR for a whole 11 days before developing bike envy.

Awesome R1!

when I got the Carrozzeria wheels, I had to get new sprockets. I went up a tooth in the rear, and down a tooth up front.
How did this affect the bike's acceleration from stopped and cornering manners? It seems every time I go from my FJR to the R1 I embarass myself by stalling at a light. I've thought about changing the gearing, but am worried about adversely affecting the way the bike handles on tight corners. Are you happy with the way the gearing changes turned out?

;) Looks like that oughta keep you pretty happy...until Spider pulls up next to you at a stoplight. You know he'll beat you off the line.

as;lkfj[oainvwevn Damn... drool on the keyboard again...

Very very nice Dale... you be one lucky dude.

Warchild,

I've been following the wheels and am still considering a set. Any installation issues?