First FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2009 Owner...........Make sure you set your sag and I'm not talking about a diet..................It transformed my ride recently. Enjoy, it really is an AWSOME BIKE.

Congrats on the new ride!! Nothing like that new bike feeling.
smile.png

Congrats on the new ride, and welcome!

A note on power...I am a fairly green rider, (3 yrs), but yesterday as I was making my way home, I was on a very long exit lane. Things were not moving, so I decided to switch over to the left most lane and continue down to the next exit, which is under the bridge, then loops around, and goes the opposite way. Usually, it's faster to just get on the road, do a U turn at the next light and back-track. Anyways, from a dead stop, I start revving, and make my way to switch lanes. I notice a a large black SUV coming up, so I gun it. Get up to 8K RPM in first gear, pull in and upshift. I hit 2nd gear and off I go. Despite shifting my weight forward a bit, the front end starts coming up, so I lay off the throttle...look down at speedo...65mph....look back, SUV not even close to me! Laundering my pants after wetting myself $2, getting that stupid ear-to-ear grin on my face...$priceless$.

Have fun, and be safe =)

Congrats...... the secret to all those tupperware rivets is just get a nice drill, and drill them all out..... tupperware will just fall right off, ---- SO EASY
construction.gif

Latest posts