First Gen I owner to identify these, might get them.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
Since I sold my Gen I last July, spare parts keep popping up and reading Boogahboogah's thread about his new 14' reminded me I still had these laying around somewhere. I know the (4) longer covers are for the side case mount holes, but cannot remember where the 2 smaller ones fit. I've scoured my pics of the bike and can't find anywhere in them where the short covers might fit.

The first Gen I owner to figure it out gets second dibs on the set, but I need to offer them to the new owner first, just wanted to be able to let him know where they all fit.

Thx,

JW

Bagmountcovers_zps340427fa.jpg

What art said concerning the two smaller pieces. They mount underside where the locking device slides into.

So the four larger pieces fill in the holes where the bags hang from. They are what you see topside when the bags are removed.

Basically they're a set of cosmetic pieces to clean up the look of the feejer when running without bags.

Are they gone? I'm interested. Thx
Sorry guys, I haven't heard back from the new owner yet. I had no idea these were so sought after, but the new owner has first right of refusal before they're offered to anyone else. I'll post up the status when I hear back from him.

Are they gone? I'm interested. Thx
Sorry guys, I haven't heard back from the new owner yet. I had no idea these were so sought after, but the new owner has first right of refusal before they're offered to anyone else. I'll post up the status when I hear back from him.
Heard back from the new owner who said he wants them. He really needs free stuff now as he just got engaged and bought a new home.....

You're fired! You don't deserve to be a Gen I owner!
You're right, for selling my FJR with "your" A panel on it, I've been relegated to riding this old Italian thing.

BetaRR_zps0b902601.jpg
How ya going to do a saddle sore 1k on that their EyeTaliban bike?
whistle.gif
Well Don, a man has to know his limitations. Here's a guy I've chatted with a number of times who doesn't subscribe to that theory and did his SS1K on a dirt bike, just like mine. https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1108972-doing-the-unthinkable-on-a-beta/