FJR Forum Alps Extreme M/C Tour; August 8-15 of 2012.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You absolutely must bring rain gear, but I would unpack all cold weather clothing! It will rain every afternoon in the Alps and Dolomites, pretty much can guarantee that!
I'll ride with my umbrella. Sounds like it will be a warmer version of the riding in British Columbia.

.... I've gotta wait till Thursday for my flight. Bouncing off the damn walls.

fotoflexer_photo-4.jpg

I'll ride with my umbrella. Sounds like it will be a warmer version of the riding in British Columbia.
I have a question Bill, do they have Timmy's over there? If not, will you starve??
I hate to be Bimmerdons sidekick here but Bill could ride the Himalayas for a month without food and not starve...jes sayin and enuf sed.

I have a question Bill, do they have Timmy's over there? If not, will you starve??
I hate to be Bimmerdons sidekick here but Bill could ride the Himalayas for a month without food and not starve...jes sayin and enuf sed.
They have gelato in Italy ........... mmmmmmmmmmmm gelato
good.gif

and expresso - that's like Timmy's on steroids.
nyam.gif

and we are going to be very close to the town of Selveno outside of Bergamo that serves the best pizza I ever had.

and this whole trip is starting out with a three day sausagefest with beer in Munich (forget about the salads OM).

No, we won't be going hungry but thanks for your concern
bleh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom & Pam safely arrived at the hotel in Munich but found the transfer from the airport to the hotel a little confusing.

Tom sent me the link from the hotel website that explains what to do.

Airport to Hotel Transportation

Here is what Tom had to say about it ...

If you go to the hotel website... Europaischer Hof it gives you a step by step way to get to the hotel or city center.

It doesn't matter if you take the S1 or the S8 The train stops at the airport. It just stops at the airport and runs the opposite way back to Munich. Just get a map of the train service so you can check when you come to your stop Central Station(Hauptbahnhof). Then you have to figure how to get out of the the Train station. It is sort of set up like union station in Toronto. The train that comes from the airport is like Toronto's subway the way it comes to Central station.

When you make your way up just don.t take any stairs that say "to Tram"

Hope that doesn't confuse you any more.

BeemerDons should be in the air on his way to Berlin so it should be quiet around here for a while.

I have set up my SPOT Tracker to start up at 10AM local time in Munich on Sunday Aug 5th but please remember that the actual ride does not start until Thursday Aug 9th.

The link for my SPOT is ...

2012 Sausagefest & Gelato Tour

Well..... As Tom never goes anywhere it kinda serves up he'd be lost..

I truly hope the alligators don't eat his sorry ass,.

That airport-to-hotel info will be useful. Thanks, Bill--and Tom.

God, I'm ALL PACKED and it's only 3:30! Plane's at 9 a.m. NOW what?

nervous.gif

That airport-to-hotel info will be useful. Thanks, Bill--and Tom.

God, I'm ALL PACKED and it's only 3:30! Plane's at 9 a.m. NOW what?

nervous.gif
For fuk sakes!! Drink you jackass!
Thanks for the advise Bust. My plane leaves Saturday night and I'm headed for the bar right now.
drinks.gif

I haven't packed yet but I'll throw something in the bag before I leave.

I've advised all airline personnel that Tom will be covering for yer drinks Bill. Might I suggest you drink to excess and buy your fellow passengers a drink or40?

Thank you for those wise words! It is a little tough to get this time shift down but maybe by tonight we will be ok.... that is if there is an OK!

.... I've gotta wait till Thursday for my flight. Bouncing off the damn walls.
fotoflexer_photo-4.jpg
Gawddamnit! I just shit myself.
As if you have never shit yourself before! A beautiful day here in Berlin, just got back from a boat cruise on the River Spree. Saw the spot where Herr Petey went over the wall, the Stasi said they wanted him to escape. Walking down to Mitte Berlin on Friederichstrasse for dinner. Incredible weather here, it is downright hot and humid in Berlin.

Is Bungie rubbing off on the rest of his Fellow Frostbacks! If this keeps up the Canuckistanis won't be able to find their asses with both hands! Do I have to sent HotRodZilla "Nord du Ligne" to straighten you Hosers out, eh!

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?client=tmpg&hl=en&langpair=de%7Cen&rurl=translate.google.com&u=https://www.erstesberliner-ddr-motorradmuseum.de/&usg=ALkJrhgfyZfKvPfRrhyyqeNDRfdBM6G7Lg Papa Chuy Viejo was in " Stalin-Kruschev Two Stroke Heaven" today at the Berliner DDR Motorrad Museum in Alexanderplatz, God I love the smell of Castrol premix oil in the morning: It smells like Victory, remember Charlie don't Surf! 2- strokes rule!

140+ Commie "smokers" on display that we Amerikanischen could not get our stinking capitalistic mitts on! The Owner of the Museum fired up a 250cc oil burner for me, Senor Medina got a blue veined diamond cutter woodie listening to that ring-a-ding revving up. All of the very best Iron Curtain proletariat machines were represented: MZ, EMW, IWL, DKW, IFA, Stoye und Krause; fifty of the bikes were Simson, manufactured right in good old East Berlin; plus CZ from Czechoslovakia. Da!

Yesterday we walked to Nympenburg Palace.That was kind of cool. The day before that we walked as far as the English Garden. I can't tell you what we saw there. You may just have to google it.

Today we took the train and toured the Neuschwanstein Castle.

Last night about 9pm we had a thunder storm roll through. Reports were that there was some hall with the heavy rain. Today it rained a bit but for the most part it was dry or at least in the outside.

I will leave it at that.

Tomorrow is unknown.....Lots of scooters in the city. I did see one FJR. It was grey in colour.

The eye candy in the city is worth it. I think we even saw some ladies of the evening... again you need to be here....

Just try to tell me this IWL camper-scooter combo does not have yamafitter-Bill F's name on it. Wait until he pulls up to the Bowmanville, Ontario Timmy's riding this rig! Stand back eh, Hosers!

1962-iwl-berlin-sr59-campi-trailer-4-850x570.jpg

Is Bungie rubbing off on the rest of his Fellow Frostbacks! If this keeps up the Canuckistanis won't be able to find their asses with both hands! Do I have to sent HotRodZilla "Nord du Ligne" to straighten you Hosers out, eh!
Bungie does his U-Turns to the right and HotRodZilla does his U-Turns to the left so they would just cancel each other out.

I'm pretty much packed up and kicking back with a drink right now. I can only take another 8 pounds of stuff until I hit my limit of 48 lbs for my checked bag. I leave a fudge factor of 2 lbs in case my scale doesn't match Air Canada's scale plus I need a little bit of room for trinkets for the trip back.

I'll be going out in the morning for a bicycle ride in the morning and will be leaving for the airport sometime after 15:00 tomorrow. We have not heard from SacMike so I'm left to wonder if Homeland Security took him aside for some interrogation.

Just try to tell me this IWL camper-scooter combo does not have yamafitter-Bill F's name on it. Wait until he pulls up to the Bowmanville, Ontario Timmy's riding this rig!
Green is not my colour. Now if you got the roller out and painted her red then we would be styling!!
yahoo.gif

By the way, Homie don't do campin' . just sayin' & nuff said!!