FJR Forum Alps Extreme M/C Tour; August 8-15 of 2012.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Official Edelweiss Bike Tour Photograph arrived in my mail, we sure were a handsome group! Except for the Canadian guys, those ugly Hosers should have worn ski masks for the picture shoot! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Scan122720000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Official Edelweiss Bike Tour Photograph arrived in my mail, we sure were a handsome group! Except for the Canadian guys, those ugly Hosers should have worn ski masks for the picture shoot! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
The cases on the F800ST were so tiny I could not fit a dinner mint in them never mind a ski mask. I noticed they did a good job of photoshopping a pair of pants onto you.
tongue.gif

I thought my Alps Extreme Tour Compadres would find this interesting, Edelweiss Bike has terminated their relationship with Tri Community Travel and Tracy. All of us had difficulties with Tracy and we must have not been the only folks with problems!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newsletter

November 2012

Dear Edelweiss customer,

The year 2012 was very successful and we at Edelweiss would like to thank especially our U.S. customers for the numerous participation in our tours.

The catalogue 2013 is likely to be with you already and we are proud that we can present the most comprehensive program in the Edelweiss history for the next year. 69 different routes on almost every continent wait for you. If you have not received a catalog against expectation, we ask that you to order one on our website (www.edelweissbike.com). We immediately will ship a copy to you free of charge.

Another change for 2013 is very important for you.

The agency agreement with TRI COMMUNITY TRAVEL in California will end on November 27, 2012.

TRI COMMUNITY TRAVEL sold Edelweiss tours for many years. We would like to thank the Horne family and Tracy Henry for their services in the past and wish them all the best for the future.

All customers who have previously booked with TRI COMMUNITY TRAVEL are welcome to book the next Edelweiss experience, either directly with Edelweiss headquarters or with the Edelweiss travel agent in Florida.

Edelweiss headquarters:

Phone: 01143 5264 5690

Email: [email protected]

Edelweiss in Florida (Eileen's Travel):

329 Clematis Street, West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Phone: (800) 362 2794 or (561) 655 2234

Fax: (561) 655 9259

Email: [email protected]

All customers, who already booked an Edelweiss tour for 2013 with TRI COMMUNITY TRAVEL are served through the Edelweiss headquarters.

We hope to welcome you again in 2013 and we look forward to another year touring with you somewhere on this planet.

Your Edelweiss Team

© 2010 EDELWEISS BIKE TRAVEL | Sportplatzweg 14 | 6414 Mieming, Austria | Phone: +43.5264.5690 | Fax: +43.5264.5690.3

[email protected] | www.edelweissbike.com | unsubscribe

Not surprising the Tri-Community Travel got bounced. The mailing errors alone were an indication of an office in disarray and then there were the run arounds we got over the discount refunds. I did not have a warm fuzzy feeling dealing with this company.

With all the things that could go wrong, what with broken motorcycles, crappy weather, missed connections, dumpy hotels, lost guides, boring roads, it's kind of nice when the worst thing about the whole trip is you had your mail addressed to you in Ontario, Canada, USA. :lol:

Where are we going next year?

With all the things that could go wrong, what with broken motorcycles, crappy weather, missed connections, dumpy hotels, lost guides, boring roads, it's kind of nice when the worst thing about the whole trip is you had your mail addressed to you in Ontario, Canada, USA. :lol:

1) In January we are going to Cabo San Lucas in Baja California Sur, Mexico. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=148483&st=0

2) In October there is a "Special Invitation Only" Ride to Mulege, MEX, Si SacramentoMiguel you are on the "Reserved List"! But, you have to "sleep" with Old Michael!

3) Big overseas trip coming up next is Ireland and Scotland the last week of June and first week in July of 2014. https://www.irishbike.com I already have our rental bikes arranged in Belfast.

PS, you also have to "sleep" with OM on this one too!

1) In January we are going to Cabo San Lucas in Baja California Sur, Mexico. https://www.fjrforum....pic=148483&st=0

2) In October there is a "Special Invitation Only" Ride to Mulege, MEX, Si SacramentoMiguel you are on the "Reserved List"! But, you have to "sleep" with Old Michael!

3) Big overseas trip coming up next is Ireland and Scotland the last week of June and first week in July of 2014. https://www.irishbike.com I already have our rental bikes arranged in Belfast.

How come the "cost" of everything is to sleep with Old Michael?

What does Old Michael get out of it? A commission from beemerdons?

1) In January we are going to Cabo San Lucas in Baja California Sur, Mexico. https://www.fjrforum....pic=148483&st=0

Stop whining Wheatie, I can get you on Old Michael's waiting list - behind dcarver!

The tour company (Edleweiss) was fine. It was the USA rep (Tri Community Travel) that seemed to be unable to have its act together.

The tour company (Edleweiss) was fine. It was the USA rep (Tri Community Travel) that seemed to be unable to have its act together.
The refund was a little slow coming but everything else was good.... I even talked to Tracy and she was the one that recommended the bike we rode. Other than it wasn't so good on oil I really enjoyed it. Wheelies coming out of corners. :yahoo:

.... I even talked to Tracy and she was the one that recommended the bike we rode. Other than it wasn't so good on oil I really enjoyed it. Wheelies coming out of corners. :yahoo:
Now we are never going to hear the end of BeemerDons singing the praises of 'Bothered My Wiener'.
angry.gif

.... I even talked to Tracy and she was the one that recommended the bike we rode. Other than it wasn't so good on oil I really enjoyed it. Wheelies coming out of corners. :yahoo:
Now we are never going to hear the end of BeemerDons singing the praises of 'Bothered My Wiener'.
angry.gif
Well I guess I could have said the lesser of two evils.... I didn't say I would ever buy one.... as cool as it was it not my bike of choice :p

From Gary "Mudslide" Miller:

Not surprising to me either.  Considering the amount of cash you drop on one of these tours, you would expect much better service than what Tri-community provided.  It would be nice for someone else on the west coast to step in in their place.  Don't know how good service will be with just one point of contact left in the US to serve everyone going.  Could get worse.

Here was the Christmas Card from Edelweiss Bike Travel:

Edelweiss Bike Travel wishes you...

edelweiss-team.JPG

... a Merry Christmas

... Frohe Weihnachten

... Feliz Navidad

... God Jul

... Buon Natale

... Boas Festas

... Joyeux Noel

... and all the best for 2013!

A few more videos from our day ride in northern Italy! Change quality on bottom right to 1080P!

Somebody give that Canuck on the ST in front of me some training wheels for the switchbacks!!