FJR Forum Alps Extreme M/C Tour; August 8-15 of 2012.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty easy to run away from this 1970's East German Polizei motorrad, only 175cc and 19 horsepower.  Even SkooterG could outrun this little green beauty!

s51%20end%20.jpg

Spotted this car parked on the street.....only 25 made a year

403569125.jpg
Check this out, in Berlin for nostalgia's sake you can rent the World's Shittiest Automobile for a day: Trabant. These were made in East Berlin to Soviet specifications, what an incredible piece of four wheeled crapola. The Berliner inside joke is that on the night of November 9, 1989 100,000 East Germans fled over The Wall to Freedom and not a single Trabant went West: Their Owners simply abandoned them in the Soviet Bloc! The Rental Company only lets you drive 20 kilometers from their shop, because the Trabant's are still breaking down!

pit%20orig-23.jpg.470x350_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty easy to run away from this 1970's East German Polizei motorrad, only 175cc and 19 horsepower. Even SkooterG could outrun this little green beauty!

s51%20end%20.jpg
Ybbut...IIRC...the East German Police would actually shoot miscreants, unlike the softer-and-gentler 'Muricans. :rolleyes:

Ybbut...IIRC...the East German Police would actually shoot miscreants, unlike the softer-and-gentler 'Muricans. :rolleyes:
If the Germans are still shooting miscreants does this mean I'll find BeemerDons riddled with holes tomorrow?? Just asking'.

Hey Old Michael,

I almost posted up of a picture of some female sun bathers down by the river but I thought the better...I guess you'll just have to dream.

Okay, you bastards.

Running out of patience here.

Enough of the cold war machinery and museum crap.

Get to the serious cultural stuff, please .....

Beermaid2.jpg
I do my best to correct BeemerDons shortcomings in this area in about 12 hours. I was able to clear security and am currently sitting at the bar waiting for my flight.

Achtung Zonies und Hosers: At 1900 hours we will walk east to Karlplatz/Rathaus to have dinner at Hotel Palais Keller Restaurant, 100 feet below the city streets.

Specialty dish of the house is Tafelspitz-boiled beef, I last had this dish and ate here in 2004. Papa Chuy is in Room 221 at Europaischer Hof Hotel; 7pm dinner!

This tour is definitely putting the "ugly" back into american!

I can see right now that some countries may be recalling their ambassadors after this tour...Holy Crap, talk about putting the worst foot forward! :lol:
Not to worry Mark. Here is a photo of the most of the FJR contingent putting their best foot forward ...

fountain-L.jpg

Well, they are putting something forward anyways ....

I can see right now that some countries may be recalling their ambassadors after this tour...Holy Crap, talk about putting the worst foot forward! :lol:
Not to worry Mark. Here is a photo of the most of the FJR contingent putting their best foot forward ...

fountain-L.jpg

With your Papa Chuy Viejo being of the Irish persuasion, the water in that fountain was surprisingly cold; and, it was really deep too! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

PS: Why the Hell is SacramentoMike checking out my Irish shillelagh in this pic? I hate "peepers"! I know Mike, it's huge; what can I say, I'm Irish!

fountain-L.jpg

With your Papa Chuy Viejo being of the Irish persuasion, the water in that fountain was surprisingly cold; and, it was really deep too! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

PS: Why the Hell is SacramentoMike checking out my Irish shillelagh in this pic? I hate "peepers"! I know Mike, it's huge; what can I say, I'm Irish!

I could be wrong but it looks like Bill is laughing at your huge Irish Shillelagh! Jus sayin and nuf said!

fountain-L.jpg

I could be wrong but it looks like Bill is laughing at your huge tiny Irish Shillelagh! Jus sayin and nuf said!

Corrected..