FJR Forum Decal design

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked. . . .
remove the top case
frt reflector needs to be a rectangle
tuning fork on gas tank
swap city bags for the bags that actually come with the bike
the cockpit area needs a clean up (bars/windshield/etc, what is sticking up on right handlebar?)
while I like blue, many consider red the ‘fastest color’, or are you planning to offer this in different colors?
not sure about the white cloud surround.

far better than anything I could draw
thx
-Steve

I'd say remove the Givi top box. Although available in the aftermarket, no top box at all since the FJR doesn't come standard with one. Otherwise, It's a nice decal.

Since I was asked, the top box needs to go. I don't care about the Gen. A logo would go a long way.

I am involved with the Yamaha XJ Owner's Group. We had lawyer dogs come after us claiming intellectual property infringement because a) we used the word Yamaha in the group's name and b) there was an image on our website that included a flag incorporated a tuning fork emblem similar to Yamaha's.

We were able to beat them off on a) because the word "Yamaha" was necessary to differentiate from "Jeep" and "Jaguar", both of which produced models named "XJ" and the use of the term to designate a model of motor vehicle predated Yamaha's use.

In the case of b), the photo was not used to promote the website, it was an image of a motorcycle captured in a public setting, and the flag itself was not made by nor represented our group. We pointed out that they would have to take up that issue with the other group. (Regretably, due to the historical nature of the photograph, we were unable to provide any contact information for that group. So sorry, we'd love to help, but... <lol>)

We did agree to a disclaimer on the website indicating there was no affiliation, etc. etc. But it was a year of hassle, time and expense.

Mind you, Yamaha is not the only motorcycle manufacturer with trigger happy lawyers. When Honda finally got around to trying to trademark the Gold Wing name, they discovered the Gold Wing Road Riders Association had beaten them to the punch. So Honda tried to sue the GWRRA.

I would strongly advise against incorporating a tuning fork emblem in any symbol that will be used to represent the group. In keeping with the generic but original image (some called it "cartoonish", but Yamaha can't claim IP infringement on an original drawing), maybe a little generic circle where the tank badge goes?

That's just my 2¢, but you asked...

I like the top box but it should look more like the Yamaha box and it's a little too far forward. Definitely agree it needs the Yamaha tuning fork somewhere.

Edit: Just saw the lawyer bit about the logo which does sound like something any large corporation would do regardless of how silly.

Lose the top box or make it OEM. Also put the Yamaha tuning forks on the tank.

FJR never came with top case as standard equipment ! So no trunk...
YAMAHA logo must clearly appear. 😎👍

When I had my 2006 I had a custom license plate frame made saying "It isn't a BMW"
I got tired of people asking if it was a BMW then staring when I said an FJR. I turned the experience into some humor.
Looks like every generic Sport Tourer IMHO. Ditch the top box and make the lines clean. Stickers are small and detail is lost. Make it clean, as little clutter in the image as possible and call it good for most tastes.

It's difficult to get a common agreement across the community; the more members you ask the more opposite opinions you might get. So here is my opinion:

- perhaps the bike would look better if the picture is taken from the same angle while on the center stand;
- perhaps the windhield would look better in the lower position;
- personal taste: I would prefer the grey color for the bike (gen 2 or 3);
- I prefer with topcase - OEM or GIVI but the specific model displayed is not by favorite GIVI.

It works for me as long as you lose the Givi (which I have oddly enough). I have always preferred the stock look anyway. I like the idea of having the tuning fork on the tank although it's obviously an FJR so not totally necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts