FJR Forum Decal design

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
since you asked for opinions....Lose the top box. I don't mind the cartoon/abstract effect but this is going too far towards being a photo. FJR owners know the lines of our bikes and IMO that's all you really need to suggest.

Since you asked.... I like the logo at the top of the forum now. The logo here just looks like it belongs on a sticker or a cheap T-Shirt.

Probably as appropriate a place as any for my final post. My FJR days are ended. Basically gave-away my last of four FJRs to Beachy's son several months ago. It's a bittersweet end to 15-years and over 350,000 FJR miles. I even traded in the Ducati and bought a new 2022 Tracer 9 GT. Hoping health improves and I get back on the bike soon.

Now to be back on topic... I prefer an FJR logo WITH a top box. You see way more with than without. And my motto has always been... Once you go top box, you'll never go back. But I also agree it needs to be a Yami top box and the tuning fork logo should be clearly discernable at all viewing/printing levels. It's a family crest for me that goes all the way back to 1960s. FJRs are Yamahas, plain and simple. Display it with pride.

Ya'll have fun! Hopefully I'll join you again on some actual touring rides across this great country.

My 2 cents:
  • The top box needs to go, not the OE box and top boxes are ugly anyway
  • The proposed FJR image is not exactly "screaming FJR" and only people that are familiar with FJR will recognize the FJR
  • Background Yamaha and FJR1300 logo would greately help the sticker design
  • Colors: Yamaha is associated with BLUE so the sticker should have blue bike. (I owned '05Blue and '17Matte Silver, but the '14RED is my favorite, so Red FJR sticker could be an option)
  • I would use the image that shows "the Face of the bike" or the front, since most bikes are recognized better once you see the headlights "the eyes" or the "Face" of the bike. Also bikes are looking the best when photographed at the slight angle, like this for example:

Attachments

• Picsart_23-07-05_08-18-19-142.jpg
    Picsart_23-07-05_08-18-19-142.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210418_151946-01~2.jpeg
    IMG_20210418_151946-01~2.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190111_000243.jpg
    IMG_20190111_000243.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 0
Simple ...

- Drop the Top Box
- Add the Tuning Fork/ FJR logo
- Use a real pic or better cartoon

Ride more ... survey less.

I would do no top box, but if it needs to have a top box it should be OEM. I also think a bike in action would look cool.

Delete top box and rework side case covers. Currently they look like the bags on the Tracer GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts