FJR Forum

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malve

Reaction score
Since yesterday I was accused of rambling and having too much time on my hands at work… a little more rambling:

It's interesting because for a long time, I couldn't put my finger on why I enjoy the forum and the members so much and I finally came to the conclusion that besides the ability to read about and indirectly enjoy (called meta-biking by one member’s wife) in our shared passion, there is a definite indirect corollary that exists whereby many of us have more in common than one might imagine. Many, many variables and factors make us choose motorcycling out of all of the possible pastimes and more specifically this particular bike that is in a specific price range and offers a unique blend of sport, comfort, yada yada.

Consequently, there are very specific personality traits that have led most of us down the same path …adventurous, practical, logical, successful, mature… the list goes on and all of the terms are relative and of course debatable.

Additionally the admins and ultimately the members have defined a culture that for those of us who choose to stay and be active, appreciate i.e. no politics and dog piles for asshats.

Where else can you exchange information (most of which relate to a favorite passion) 24 hours a day with like-minded people (and based on the above, like-minded is an understatement) from around the world as often or as infrequently as desired, arrange local rides, participate in regional events and beat up on newbies for not using the search?

Consequently, there are very specific personality traits that have led most of us down the same path …practical, logical, successful, mature…
:lol: I gotta show my wife this one!

Consequently, there are very specific personality traits that have led most of us down the same path …adventurous, practical, logical, successful, mature… the list goes on and all of the terms are relative and of course debatable.

At least you got the debatable part right.

I don't know. This whole suposition is wierd. You'll never catch me hanging around some internet site, talking with people I've never met.

Freaks.

Speed! Don't forget our appreciation of speed!

Sure it has 2 too many wheels. And sure it ain't an Eye-abuser! But I has me pre-order deposit down and am a Waiter (again)!

wrx_sti_flo450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mature"?

This place makes me feel like I'm back in high school... :p

Who knew I could remember that far back, or maybe it's the whole 'flashback' thing.

I think you put too much faith in the common love we have for the FJR. My time on the forum has clearly demonstrated to me the wide variety of vocations, passions and even locals of the forum members. This place is diversity central!

I thought you made an interesting point in your AE post: clearly you had put a lot of thought into it, throw in some dancing girls and I might be willing to also. :)

"adventurous, practical, logical, successful, mature"

Adventurous, YES , especially on some freeways!

Practical? you gotta be kidding.... practical would be a bicycle or an "economy" car... Motorcycles aint' practical unless it's your only transportation.

Successful... yes, to where folks have the means to buy what's considered a "toy", at least in the US... or two or three.....

Mature? Ummm......like riding over 1000 miles in under 24 hours just to have lunch with some other people you've never met who did the same thing so they could meet you? ....just because you can? Naw..... who'd ever do a dumb thing like that? :D

Mary

"adventurous, practical, logical, successful, mature"

Practical? you gotta be kidding.... practical would be a bicycle or an "economy" car... Motorcycles aint' practical unless it's your only transportation.
that is why I mentioned that all of the terms are relative... for A MOTORCYCLE, the FJR is a pretty practical choice IMHO as compared to sportbikes, cruisers, choppers etc.

Hey Malve, my man! Good stuff, nice to see some folks thinking at a different level. Enjoyed yakking with you in PC and hope you are going to Denver. If you get a chance to make a quick run up to Portland, we have a steak and bottle of red for you!

Ralph

I think one additional thing has not been mentioned that is one of the biggest attractions to this forum: And that is the little red "X" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You see, unlike my other friends, I can make ya'll "shut-up" any time I wish. ;)