FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peggy-Sue my 2007 FJR hit 300,000 miles a couple of weeks ago 👊

300k%20Miles.jpg
Congrats !!!

Peggy-Sue my 2007 FJR hit 300,000 miles a couple of weeks ago 👊

300k%20Miles.jpg
Nicely done!  I sold my '07 last year with 10,000 shy of 200,000 miles on it.  Still all original and expect the new owner will hit the 200 and 300,000 milestones in due course. My replacement '11 has a long way to go - just 100,000 km (63,000 miles). Love the photo; somewhere in Oz?

Well, I missed getting the photo of the 100,000 km milestone (kilometer stone?).  Anyway, I was out for a ride today and looked at the Odometer and suddenly I had the answer to EVERYTHING.    See photo and figure it out!

48739081606_3a5fb3a76e_z.jpg

If you haven't got it, think binary to decimal

and think HHGTTG.

Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

I am still sitting here being impressed as all heck by JamesK's 300k milestone.  One I am fairly certain I will never reach.  Which got me thinking about all the Big Dogs.  As far as I know, there are four FJRs that have hit 300k.  Anybody know of any others?

The Gray Ghost - 455,947 on his 03 FJR.  Incredible!  All on the original engine?

MXVET (Ed) - 354k on his 04 FJR the last I saw.

The 05 FJR previously owned by TwoWheelNut and then 03SilverBullet - Currently 325k with engine replaced at 270k when fourth gear went out.

JamesK's 07 FJR - 300k

I am still sitting here being impressed as all heck by JamesK's 300k milestone.  One I am fairly certain I will never reach.  Which got me thinking about all the Big Dogs.  As far as I know, there are four FJRs that have hit 300k.  Anybody know of any others?

The Gray Ghost - 455,947 on his 03 FJR.  Incredible!  All on the original engine?

MXVET (Ed) - 354k on his 04 FJR the last I saw.

The 05 FJR previously owned by TwoWheelNut and then 03SilverBullet - Currently 325k with engine replaced at 270k when fourth gear went out.

JamesK's 07 FJR - 300k
ScooterG, Yes, the 455,947 miles is all on the original engine. 

The big milestone for the 2nd FJR I've owned.  Purchased in September 2006 with 5945 miles on the odo:

42nIZyyl.jpg

So that is 200k I've put on my second 04 FJR.  The second time I have done that.  Due to some bad luck and mechanical issues for that poor, crazy, bastard from Florida.......  I believe I am the first to put 200k on two different FJRs.  Both 04s.  A dubious distinction compared to the Big Dogs with 300k+ on only one FJR.  The lesson here?  DON'T CRASH!!!

The big milestone for the 2nd FJR I've owned.  Purchased in September 2006 with 5945 miles on the odo:

So that is 200k I've put on my second 04 FJR.  The second time I have done that.  Due to some bad luck and mechanical issues for that poor, crazy, bastard from Florida.......  I believe I am the first to put 200k on two different FJRs.  Both 04s.  A dubious distinction compared to the Big Dogs with 300k+ on only one FJR.  The lesson here?  DON'T CRASH!!!
Congrats !!!

Quite the accomplishment !

I was just working on the ‘08 in the garage, and yes, you beat me to it. I have 217k on the ‘08, but only 193k are mine. 

My goal was to put 250k on 4 different FJR Gens. Too bad I might have to use the mileage from the ‘09 to accomplish this.

i do have over 6k on the ‘18 now, but flower sniffing time is almost here for my tired a$$.

Congrats Greg !

BTW- hula girl is a slut...

😃 :bleh:   NEWS FLASH !! OLE GRAY IS BACK AS OF 4/7/20  and is running great,  and I have put 4692 miles on it since. Gen 3 is now parked after it''s checkup with 91,303 miles on it and waiting for another ride and whimpering.   :scooter: Any volunteers...... 
Sure, I'll be right down. Oops, can't get across the border. 

😃 :bleh:   NEWS FLASH !! OLE GRAY IS BACK AS OF 4/7/20  and is running great,  and I have put 4692 miles on it since. Gen 3 is now parked after it''s checkup with 91,303 miles on it and waiting for another ride and whimpering.   :scooter: Any volunteers...... 
Many thanks for the update.  I'm really happy to hear that you are back adding miles to your Gen 1.  Your record is extremely impressive.  SkooterG will never catch up to you!!

😃 :bleh:   NEWS FLASH !! OLE GREY IS BACK AS OF 4/7/20  and is running great,  and I have put 4692 miles on it since. Gen 3 is now parked after it''s checkup with 91,303 miles on it and waiting for another ride and whimpering.   :scooter: Any volunteers...... 

That is AWESOME!  How many miles on Ole Grey now?

After 9 years I finally hit the 100K mark.  Still going strong. 2007 FJR bought in 2011 with 8k on the odometer.

Congrats on the big milestone!