FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The end of the line from my 05

June 3, 2016 RIP

20160604_101615-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
June 3, 2016 RIP

20160604_101615-L.jpg
You never said what was wrong with it, my 2003 has 455,947 and it just reached the end of the line and it's waiting for an engine transplant as we speak, from an 04 with less than 20500 miles on it, I want to keep the Gen 1 going

June 3, 2016 RIP

20160604_101615-L.jpg
You never said what was wrong with it, my 2003 has 455,947 and it just reached the end of the line and it's waiting for an engine transplant as we speak, from an 04 with less than 20500 miles on it, I want to keep the Gen 1 going
A Buick hit it.

June 3, 2016 RIP

20160604_101615-L.jpg
Hope to see you at this years South East Ohio Ramble...on the 03

June 3, 2016 RIP

20160604_101615-L.jpg
A Buick hit it.
Sorry to hear about that, I wish you good luck on your new ride. I'm glad you are still riding and keep us updated on your new one.

^^^ While I certainly believe you, where's the picture? I mean, show us what you've got, brother!

I hit 190k the other day. My snail's approach to 200k continues.....

I thought for sure I would be the first one to put 200,000 miles on two different FJRs but that bastard Tony from Florida will probably beat me to it. I need to go Tonya Harding on his ass!

c1ipM4Eh.jpg

I thought for sure I would be the first one to put 200,000 miles on two different FJRs but that bastard Tony from Florida will probably beat me to it. I need to go Tonya Harding on his ass!

c1ipM4Eh.jpg
Pffft… The Scooter that I used to know would knock that 10k out just to deprive that Bastard from Florida.

… besides… that Bastard from Florida is riding a Gen 2 and will be lucky if the POS makes it 200k.

Pffft… The Scooter that I used to know would knock that 10k out just to deprive that Bastard from Florida.

… besides… that Bastard from Florida is riding a Gen 2 and will be lucky if the POS makes it 200k.

Ahhhh...... Alas, the Skooter you used to know exists no more. Not only is the current one older, and a bit more of a flower sniffer, but he will be riding a POS Gen II across Europe all summer accumulating a bunch of kilometers. And I need to reach 206,000 miles on my 04 Hula Girl FJR to be able to say *I* put 200k on it. If it was only 10k more I might figure out a way to do it before crossing the pond.....

Ahhhh...... Alas, the Skooter you used to know exists no more. Not only is the current one older, and a bit more of a flower sniffer, but he will be riding a POS Gen II across Europe all summer accumulating a bunch of kilometers. And I need to reach 206,000 miles on my 04 Hula Girl FJR to be able to say *I* put 200k on it. If it was only 10k more I might figure out a way to do it before crossing the pond.....
Actually I need to put 224k on this one before 200k are mine. Since your inbox is always full
rolleyes.gif
I can tell you

that this September I want to make a ride out to "Standing on a corner" in Winslow. Maybe we could hook up

and flip some miles together.

And yes… flower sniffing is in my plan after the 100k attempt this year. - Its gonna be great!

I am just one step behind you with the change of pace.

Schweet, and congratulations!

And please don't mention riding an FJR in Europe again. My jealousy meter needs to recover.

<edit, twenty mins later: Phuk. He started a THREAD.>

Hula girl rocks!!!

I'm glad to see her upright and in one piece. With you, you never know.

Now remember, you didn't put ALL those miles on her.

I was honored to take her on a high speed run from Gerlach to Empire and back while you were testing my POS Gen 2 with the bastard car tire.

What a great ride and still my only ride on a superior Gen 1.

You ought to bring her to Alamo and put another 2k on her in 24 again!

Ya bunch of Prima-donna`s. First Gen`s go the distance! Ed`s 04 from ST.n
[img=[URL="https://mxvet.smugmug.com/Other/posting-pics/i-jg52Sn6/0/M/IMG_0957%5B1%5D-M.jpg%5D"]https://mxvet.smugmug.com/Other/posting-pics/i-jg52Sn6/0/M/IMG_0957[1]-M.jpg][/URL]
I am still on Sport-Touring.net. I first started reading it in 03 before I got my motorcycle license and started riding. It taught me a lot about how to ride and I met some great people.

Anyway...I just contacted Ed aka mxvet...and he reported that his FJR is now up to 347k miles!

Come on Skooter… Where is your 200k post?

Yeah, right. Ain't happening bubba. Where's yours?

This is the best I could do. And in a couple days I'll be crossing the pond for my European adventure and will only be adding kilometers to my POS Gen II. So 200k will have to wait till late fall.

y6TvAhEl.jpg