FJR ON NPR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw these bikes before I saw the article. I was watching the Golden Globes pre-show and saw these bikes. I had to pause and rewind the TiVo a few times trying to figure out what they were. They looked like FJR's but there were differences and they were only visible for a short time and were not in High-Def.

I saw these bikes before I saw the article. I was watching the Golden Globes pre-show and saw these bikes. I had to pause and rewind the TiVo a few times trying to figure out what they were. They looked like FJR's but there were differences and they were only visible for a short time and were not in High-Def.
I didn't see that show, but wifey spotted them. They had the mirror mounted hand guards, narrow city style covers for the side bags, and the Euro version of the corbin smugler.

yeah, i heard a story (i think on NPR) and i assumed they would be riding FJRs. the video clip is not of the french motor cop's bikes (at least i am pretty sure). i think they are Netherlands Police bikes. also, you will notice the Cal Sci windshield in the video clip (Netherland cops are also mentioned on the Cal Sci FJR webpage). pics of the actual french bikes can be found here...

https://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-fr...-home-headlines

either way, a lot more interesting than silver, blue, or even the new cherry.

EDIT... sorry, should have read the first article, not just watched the movie... those are the frenchies' bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool of the LAPD to go after the Frenchies with rubber bullets. And here I thought LA cops had lost their sense of humor after Rodney. ;)