FJR or other bike rental in Denver?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldryder

Reaction score
currently planning my 1st road trip with Marine daughter since she enlisted summer 2010.

plan is to ride to Denver late May or early June from MN and daughter fly in. was considering trailering bikes to Denver but it might actually be cheaper (and definitely easier) to just have her rent a bike locally. ride is 5-6 days starting and ending in Denver.

anyone from the area got a recommendation on where to look for a reasonable cost rental? (daughter is experienced rider with previous X country time on an FJR and track time on a SV650.) she wouldn't be caught dead on a Harley.

thx in advance for suggestions.

Mark in MN

Check out https://www.houseofmotorrad.com/ I rented from these guys last July on a trip to Colorado. They rent adventure bikes. I rented the R1200GSA, fully outfitted with hard bags and trunk, GPS. My buddy rented the Triumph 800 Trophy. I liked the big BMW so much I was ready to buy one. This was my wifes' first bike trip. It was very comfy 2up and I was surprised at tha performance. The guys at Motorrad were very easy to deal with. It's a small outfit run out of a shop built next to the owners house in Boulder. Very organized and freindly. Everything can be handled online, when we arrived all paperwork was ready and just needed signatures. Highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another option is https://www.tourbikes.com

At SW-FOG this year, we had a guy who's wife and son flew into Denver (from MN actually...it was TripperMike if you wanted to PM him for his experiences) while he rode in from a cross-country trip. His son rented a bike from them, and seemed to have a good experience.

They used to have FJRs, but I don't see it on their website anymore. Might be worth a call to ask.

I believe I had posted a similar question like this last Spring. Phroenips suggested then too to look into tourbikes.com. We were quite satisfied with the service as well as the bike my son chose. Also the fact that it is Aurora, it's location meant we didn't have to go out of our way to pick the bike up.

See ya on the road sometime oldryder.

Mike