FJR power increase.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are the biggest HP factor on your bike. Start with your weight. Every 7 lbs lost equals a gain of approximately 1 RWHP. No, that won't show up on the dyno., but it will when you ride it. Got 70 lbs. to lose?

Hmmmmm....a 10 hp gain with the Muzzy system puts his search "on target" without any other mods.
Yep, and if I'm not mistaken, he lives where there is no such thing as twisties. That pretty much recommends the Muzzy, IMO. B)

I'm pretty sure that dyno graph has to be with a PCIII mapped for the system and the regular Muzzy core in the can, since the dB reducing "Quiet Core" is supposed to cost the system some of its potential power gains (the Q.C. restricts outflow at back end of the can a bit).

Lord knows that even with Muzzy's "Quiet Core" installed in their Ti can, between the weight savings and the additional pop, it's significantly easier to bring my front wheel up accelerating onto the freeway than when it had the OEM pipes installed. Going to Yosemite last year and getting stuck behind a garbage truck while the group took off (this was right after I'd installed it), with Judy on the back and the bike loaded for the weekend excursion**, when I finally got the opening, I went by that garbage wagon on one wheel. "Holy Shit!!!" we both said. :eek:
That graph was with the Quiet Core and the PCIII.

Plenty of twisties around here as I had a problem with clearence which for me was solved by Yoshimura.

GP suspension for the forks and shock help as it raised the bike. I have no problems with scraping any more.

For the money and effort, the suspension upgrade was the better mod.

starting with stock 2007 what would it take to get the rw hp to 132 hp. Exhaust 3 hp plus what else, Info on what some of the members did much appreciated
I think what you need to do is improve your power to weight ratio. Try a Lobotomy to lose unused fat. :rolleyes: Or maybe put magnets on the fuel lines. :blink: Or Nitrous Oxide, but don't waste it on the bike. :dribble: Am I helping yet. :yahoo:

How many pounds did you lose on your lobotomy? and no your are no help!

Hmmmmm....a 10 hp gain with the Muzzy system puts his search "on target" without any other mods.
Yep, and if I'm not mistaken, he lives where there is no such thing as twisties. That pretty much recommends the Muzzy, IMO. B)

I'm pretty sure that dyno graph has to be with a PCIII mapped for the system and the regular Muzzy core in the can, since the dB reducing "Quiet Core" is supposed to cost the system some of its potential power gains (the Q.C. restricts outflow at back end of the can a bit).

Lord knows that even with Muzzy's "Quiet Core" installed in their Ti can, between the weight savings and the additional pop, it's significantly easier to bring my front wheel up accelerating onto the freeway than when it had the OEM pipes installed. Going to Yosemite last year and getting stuck behind a garbage truck while the group took off (this was right after I'd installed it), with Judy on the back and the bike loaded for the weekend excursion**, when I finally got the opening, I went by that garbage wagon on one wheel. "Holy Shit!!!" we both said. :eek:

** Of course, the rear weight bias helps bring the front up, but I know my bike well enough to know that this was different from what I had grown to expect with the OEM system in place for 2 years.

starting with stock 2007 what would it take to get the rw hp to 132 hp. Exhaust 3 hp plus what else, Info on what some of the members did much appreciated
I think what you need to do is improve your power to weight ratio. Try a Lobotomy to lose unused fat. :rolleyes: Or maybe put magnets on the fuel lines. :blink: Or Nitrous Oxide, but don't waste it on the bike. :dribble: Am I helping yet. :yahoo:
I concur?? BTW...........how many posts do I gotta make before I ain't no FNG????

I concur?? BTW...........how many posts do I gotta make before I ain't no FNG????
Oh..............that's how many. :rolleyes: