FJR rider named in Cycle World

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
Evidently Cycle World included the Utah 1088 in their comparo between the K1200GT and the FJR1300AE. They actually participated (one finished in 52nd position). In the article they mention 65 riders finishing and named the #1 and #2 riders.

IIRC, #2 was on an FJR...Mr. Greg Marbach. Here-here! The boy is now famously mentioned in a "major" motorcycle magazine. November 1005 edition, P 48, next to last paragraph. I don't imagine there will be a repeat on that FJR after playing on the Playa. :lol:

Evidently Cycle World included the Utah 1088 in their comparo between the K1200GT and the FJR1300AE. They actually participated (one finished in 52nd position). In the article they mention 65 riders finishing and named the #1 and #2 riders.
IIRC, #2 was on an FJR...Mr. Greg Marbach. Here-here! The boy is now famously mentioned in a "major" motorcycle magazine. November 1005 edition, P 48, next to last paragraph. I don't imagine there will be a repeat on that FJR after playing on the Playa. :lol:
Thanks for the heads up. I met the rider and his semi-squidly friend on an AE. I hope they spoke well of the rally and look forward to picking it up tomorrow at the store.

I wouldn't count Skooter out next year. After a winter of tweaking....who knows which bike will come out as the primary ride.

....also I bet they didn't mention the "incident" at the golf course with Vecter.

Thanks for the heads up. I met the rider and his semi-squidly friend on an AE. I hope they spoke well of the rally and look forward to picking it up tomorrow at the store.
I wouldn't count Skooter out next year. After a winter of tweaking....who knows which bike will come out as the primary ride.

....also I bet they didn't mention the "incident" at the golf course with Vecter.
Actually they have a nice article on LD riding tips on P. 49. They spoke highly of the LD riders and community.

I was thinking that THAT FJR might be done, considering he'd move all the farkles to the lower mileage bike. I 'spose only time will tell. I fully expect Skooter to compete in the rally again next year.

And no mention of an incident at a golf course......some things are better left unsaid. :D

Just read it yesterday -- good article, showed the LD guys in a good light.

Heh.... we really pulled the wool over their eyes on that one... :ph34r:
Oh sure! Like they've never been around any "low-life, scum-sucking, bottom-feeding biker dudes and dudettes" before. I think they were fairly enamored with: 1.) the quality of the people involved, both organizers and participants; 2.) As mentioned in the article, ATGATT, interpreted as riders who are passionate and prepared; 3.) The way the bikes were prepared (farkles), read the sidebar.

I'm assuming that some of the rather "salty" or "seasoned" bikes were hidden from view (GZ and Warchild??). :lol:

There are 2 problems here that no one seems to want to address.

First: With this new-found fame, where oh where is he now going to find a helmet that will allow for the ever-swelling head?

Second: With this new-found fame, it is actually posible that even he could now get laid. I shudder at the thought of what self-righteous remarks would spout forth from the mouth after a shot of both fame and monkey. :D

I'm assuming that some of the rather "salty" or "seasoned" bikes were hidden from view (GZ and Warchild??). :lol:
I believe I will refrain from further commenting on this thread.

I had a slight run-in with that, um, individual (really biting my tongue here) who wrote the article... this was right before reaching the Finish Line.

No need to get into details.... let's just say this press guy is lucky no orthopedic injuries occurred to his skull.

Because it could have. Easily. :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:

I had a slight run-in with that, um, individual (really biting my tongue here) who wrote the article... this was right before reaching the Finish Line.

No need to get into details.... let's just say this press guy is lucky no orthopedic injuries occurred to his skull.

this reply is missing pictures :lol:

Here ya go Dale :lol:

https://nomoreanger.net/?OVRAW=anger%20mana...;OVMTC=standard

joke, joke !!

Slightly of topic, but somewhat related.

At the Cal24 this year, as I was just finishing registration and walking outside, one rider (unknown to me) happened upon GZ's bike parked nearby (and obviously for the first time and not knowing who the perpetrator of such a machine could be :D ). As he walked by it he did a huge double take, his eye's bulging in the socket's, turned to me and said in a very appalled serious voice "Fuck me, has the RM seen this bike!? There's no way he should let this bike leave the starting line." Along with some other obscure comments about wiring and such.

I almost burst out laughing in his face, but somehow managed to keep my composure, and played along with frowned head nodding and shaking when either yes or no answers seemed appropriate.

That FJR definitely makes for some entertaining conversation. :lol:

HMMMMM -- no mentioin of the fact in the rider(s) evaluation of the two bikes (06 FJR and 06 K1200GT) the BMW pretty much kicked the FJR's ass in every category mentioned but price (of course) ----- now it is only that riders opinion but.......comments?

That sidebar piece comparison wasn't written by the inept author of the 1088 article, that was written by another Contributing Editor.

They had to put the BMW over the FJR because they gave the Beemer the CW Sport-Tourer of the Year award just a couple issues previous to this one. Given that fact, it would seem hypocritical of them to place the FJR over the Beemer in this issue.

American moto-rags like MC and CW are a poor source of meaningful information with regard to new bikes. They usually have the bike for only short periods of time, and they can never lamblast a bike when it's needed, because the manufacturer will make their life hell, pull their advertising $$$, etc, etc.

When I read MC and CW, I always keep in mind that it's for entertainment value only... and not gospel by any means.

1130.7 corrected miles, pocket change compared to the events highest total of 1869 miles
You gotta love the writers choice of words here. :lol: :lol:

Well and trully spanked by warchild. :D

I was beat by a Duc sport bike and came in second by abt 45 min doing the Arizona In State 1K IBA ride Oct 1st Start/Finish at TonUp Cycles in Phoenix. He rode the course backwards and did the twisties in the daylight. This was done mostly on secondary roads with 13 required gas stops...My time was 18 hrs 46 min with 1074 miles. Could have made much better showing but knew no one was in front of me and didn't realize someone was riding the course backwards....

I was beat by a Duc sport bike and came in second by abt 45 min doing the Arizona In State 1K IBA ride Oct 1st Start/Finish at TonUp Cycles in Phoenix. He rode the course backwards and did the twisties in the daylight. This was done mostly on secondary roads with 13 required gas stops...My time was 18 hrs 46 min with 1074 miles. Could have made much better showing but knew no one was in front of me and didn't realize someone was riding the course backwards....
So that ride was set up as a race for 1st place, or was this just your own intention when leaving the start line?