FJR SEAT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padoos1

Reaction score
Looking for a seat that will let me sit a little lower on my 06 fjr, anyone got any good recomendations and or a website where i can buy one. Any advice on this good or bad will be appreciated. thanks jeff

I used Google and typed: lower seat site:fjrforum.com, that took me to this thread where Petey and Silver Penguin both mention aftermarket seats.

Petey: Rick Mayer Seat

Jill: Bill Mayer Saddles

In that same post, Ionbeam mentions lowering the bike:

The FJR can be lowered at least 1/2 inch and perhaps a bit more without seriously compromising ground clearance, safety or comfort. A place to start is by changing the 'dog bones' and the front fork tube height. There was a thread on lowering here. You can find lots of information by searching. Be sure to set the search date range to 'any date'.
There may be other seat makers who will/can make a lower seat. I seem to remember some talking about "narrowing" the front of the seat so they could more easily reach the ground.

There are some who have removed some of the foam from the OEM seat to lower the height a bit.

Good luck.

Don't know of any off the shelf seats that would do what you want. There's always the custom seat route (Russell, Mayer,etc.) who could address your needs. Might try a local upholstery shop and have them cut down or re-foam your stock seat. I had Sargent do a stock seat for me a few years ago using their "atomic cell" foam. if I recall they asked if I wanted to adjust the seat height any. Worth a shot. Good luck!

The Corbin seat height is misleading. Pull out the stock plastic seat height adjuster, replace the stock seat & it will actually sit slightly lower than a Corbin. I have a heated Corbin seat I use in the cold months and long trips. During the heat of summer, bike baking in the parking lot at work I use the stocker.

I have had three aftermarket seats and the Corbin was the worst of all. All were ride ins. It was hard and never broke in. I love my Russell. Alter your stock seat. I know some that did their own and lowered it enough for the shorter inseam.

i recently bought and put on a seat from cyclesolutionsllc. I got it used and the person I bought it from has the same inseam (30") as me and was about the same weight. He used it for iron butt rides and sold it because he hit a deer which totalled his bike in an iron butt rally, therefore negating the need for Gen I FJR accessories. I put it on yesterday, and I am amazed at the ground reach it gives me. I can almost flatfoot both sides. Instead of only reaching one foot down and a tiptoe on the other. And it DOES seem more comfortable. But I'll be able to better tell that after about 3.5 hours in the saddle on Saturday. Not my goal, but I'm getting back into riding after a year off.

Alexi

Not my goal, but I'm getting back into riding after a year off.
Alexi
Yeah, after spending a butt load of time fighting the bad guys in the sandbox!!

You go boy!!!

BTW, I think Alexi should wear a big ole' name tag at NAFO (Hi, My name is Alexi) so's he doesn't have t buy a drink for the the whole friggen week!! Eh what?