FJR still King of the Road, for me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wabill

Reaction score
Did a road trip last year on a wonderful 2018 HD Softail Heritage. Loved the floor boards and the engine guards are close enough to hang my feet on for a stretch. So being a good Dad, I shipped the bike to my son in Texas where he's loving it. Would you believe he had to pay sales tax on a gift?

I was still wanting a road bike and having had a 2010 FJR I sought out and found an okay deal on a new 2018 FJR A. Packing the bike for the road it was so obvious the just one saddle bag on the FJR holds as much a both Heritage bags.

And the 6.5 gallon tank with an average of 48 mpg gives a great worry free range before gas stops. Made the run from Ritzville, WA to Missoula, MT with over a gallon left in the tank. The mpg will most likely improve as the motor wears in, the bike only had a 1000 miles on her at the start. The HD only had a 5 g tank and was a bit worrisome on Idaho back roads stretch when 2 towns in a row didn't have a gas station.

And the paint, matte blue? I'm loving it. I got more comments on how good the bike looks than I did with my silver bullet 2010. Turns out that it's very easy to clean, just wash it. On my return I did apply a coat of Chemical Guys Matte Detailer. This has made the surface slicker than any wax job without adding a shine. I think it will make the next bug removal a bit easier, if they stick at all.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator: