• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJRandy's plug 'n' play horn harness UPDATE!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
continue production. If this real estate market keeps up I'll be here for quite a while.

Please DO NOT "PM" me. You can contact me at motolight-at-msn dot com. (remove the dashes)

Thank you,

Randy

Email sent

lt

I sent him an email to that address and didn't get a reply.
I'll try again...

I'm not sure why you didn't get a reply. I answer ALL emails regarding the harness. And yes I'm still here. I'll be updating the info ASAP.

Randy

Friggin' great to hear Randy is still at it making FJR peeps with a great product. AttaBoy Randy.

I am convinced Randy's harness and a good set of horns saved my bacon last year at WFO, when a cell-phone talking twit merged and kept coming toward me. The surprise on her face when my blasters went off was priceless. Thanks Randy

:clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Randy! Nice piece of work, hook up was a breeze.

Note to others, I don't own a dremel, but you can easily carve the liner plastic with a sharp knife.

Also, the Stebels I got online just aren't that loud. Still better than stock, but it didn't get the cat to run out of the garage.

Thanks again!

Also, the Stebels I got online just aren't that loud. Still better than stock, but it didn't get the cat to run out of the garage.

Make sure the horns aren't mounted tight against anything. They need to "float" on the metal mounts so they can vibrate properly.

For those who are still interested in the harness....YES I'm still making it. for now. Sounds familiar, right? LOL! Probably here till late next spring or early summer. Once I relocate, I'll set up at the new place. Cost is still $44.

Thanks all!! :)

I've got one of these babies, and I can truthfully say, never ONCE has my horn failed to beep when I push that little button thing. What more can you ask? GJ, Randy.

By the way, look

to see what else it can do (abt. 20 seconds in). :)

Still here and making the harness. Our wonderful friends at USPS raised the postage AGAIN...so cost is now $45.

Just email me and I'll be happy to make you one.

To those who followed my story....I've been in the house all this time, and finally had to go the short sale route. Got a bid from the FIRST person to see the house (go figure) and it's in process. Looks like I'll be outa here by mid summer. I'll be able to continue making the harness in my new location so no worries.

cool. :D

Received harness today, waiting for pics (not finding in the forum) for routing from right to left.

Magnum Blasters and harness much louder than the "no hassle" replacements everyone is carrying on about lately. 3db is double the sound pressure level! Very happy with results. Thank you randy!

Hey folks...sorry if I didn't get back to anyone asking about the harness. Yes. I'm back making it! Same price...$45.00. Anyone interested, please email me at the address in the first post.

4/22/14 Back in full swing!! :)