FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry & Lynda Lahman are in and indicate they have enough items to be finishers but will be scored in the morning.
Cool.

Once they score and are considered finishers....they will have a mark of distinction as I believe they'd be the only two-up couple that have also finished the IBRs as separate riders.

NE Oklahoma hasn't moved much. I hope he hasn't thrown it in.
Well not there. He is still on a 75 mph turnpike :)

He can run faster than that. There are, at this time, no obstacles for him, even the weather is decent. He will have to slow to 65 ish through Tulsa, but the new TP round OKC is very fast.

The progress EL has made in the last few hours is astonishing! He's probably thinking "more bonuses"
biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Fat fingers, happens when browsing on phone as I don't have access to a computer. Carry on folks. Trying not to speculate on rider speeds.

Fat fingers, happens when browsing on phone as I don't have access to a computer. Carry on folks. Trying not to speculate on rider speeds.
Mostly the the outliers are coming in on pretty fast roads, especially through Oklahoma and south through Kansas. They have long stretches of Interstate with 75 mph posted limits. Few of them have to exceed that to make the barn in a timely manner, they just have to keep those wheels turning, at or around the speed limit. There is little to stop them except themselves.

Terry & Lynda Lahman are in and indicate they have enough items to be finishers but will be scored in the morning.
Cool.

Once they score and are considered finishers....they will have a mark of distinction as I believe they'd be the only two-up couple that have also finished the IBRs as separate riders.
I thought that Tobie and Lisa Stevens did it 2 up and then as separate riders on FJR's, but in checking the records, Tobie did it first solo on his FJR1300 in 2005, and then they each rode FJR1300's to finisher status in 2007. .

Cool.

I believe that Tobie and Lisa Stevens did it 2 up and then as separate riders on FJR's.
Tobie did it solo in 2005 and then the two of them did it as a team in 2007. They've never ridden it 2-up.

There is also a guy asleep in a motel in Elk City.

This rider has been running in the top 10 through the first two legs. He has clearly done his sums and knows he can afford a few hours sleep, and he must have needed it badly.

What is interesting is that an hour or so before he stopped he rode within a mile of his own house, and rolled right by. He knows not to go home .... Good man!

So Spot must have been lagging.

The rider who went south from Wichita has suddenly jumped to OKC, and is in very good shape.

It WAS much faster than US 54

NE Oklahoma hasn't moved much. I hope he hasn't thrown it in.
Well not there. He is still on a 75 mph turnpike
smile.png

He can run faster than that. There are, at this time, no obstacles for him, even the weather is decent. He will have to slow to 65 ish through Tulsa, but the new TP round OKC is very fast.
That's Chris Rooney. He posted on Facebook. Dead bike, throwing error codes. Dammit!! Can anyone help him? I don't even know what kind of bike he has.

https://www.facebook.com/chris.rooney.526?fref=nf

I am about 20 miles from him but I don't know what I can do.

I can go to him with tools, but not sure I can be much help ... He has a Harley, I think

I hope US 285 is a good road at night. TX rider looks like he could be taking it all the way up to 40. Yeesh, I sure would prefer Interstate for an overnight ride.

Chris is out.

Bike is showing a list of error codes as long as your arm among which is no compression, front or rear cylinder.

If I had a couple of hours I could get a bike to him, but by then he would be DNF on time in Alb.

He'll get a tow to Claremore and call if I can do any more.

Sad ... What a nice guy ... it sucks!

I am about 20 miles from him but I don't know what I can do.
I can go to him with tools, but not sure I can be much help ... He has a Harley, I think
Go! Your brain is in better shape than his.
It's too late Jerry.

Even if I could get to him in 30 mins (maybe), and fix his bike in another 30, it would put him well outside a DNF :(

I hope US 285 is a good road at night. TX rider looks like he could be taking it all the way up to 40. Yeesh, I sure would prefer Interstate for an overnight ride.
There are probably more deer in that area than anywhere else in the country. Rider needs good lights and some good fortune. The road is good and he has the time

Not sure how useful this is, but I was trying to produce another take on the animated "rubber band" theme.

It didn't come out like I wanted, but here it is anyway.

Another casualty just a minute ago. They're not DNF at this point, but would need help or a new bike. From a fellow rider that broke radio silence:

"My good friend and fellow IBR rider Jerome Byrd is currently stranded about 10 miles east of Amarillo, TX. Battery on his Honda NT700V apparently went kaput, not sure if it's his alternator or what.

Looking for any help (battery, loaner bike) so he can finish his rally."

Anybody in Amarillo with a bike they can loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.