FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirsten made it. I think that's who was joking about getting 2 parks this morning.

Worden and Cheasty are both here. Worden was in before I got here this morning and I saw Cheasty ride in. Can't remember exactly when. No word on the guy on the Honda.

I'm out as my guy Phil is resting up and I don't want to sit around all day with so many good places to go. Heading north.

This is all pretty cool.

Just in on ADV: Jerome Byrd, the guy who was stopped in Amarillo, did not make it. He jury-rigged a car battery to get moving but it died on I-40 90 miles from the barn....

At 9am. All are back in except the NX700 on east I-40, the one the guy went to meet with a bike if needed. Al came in in good shape as well as the "Air Head" BMW, the first thing out of the riders mouth was "anybody want to buy a motorcycle" the crowd gathered around taking his picture broke out laughing. The Ninja got in before 5am this morning.. Right at about 5:30 as alot of the bikes were rolling in, came a gulley washer with lots of lighting, how fitting! There was evidence of a few get offs by looking at their riding gear and damage bikes, but no one looked hurt, at least on the outside. Josh said he developed another fork leak near the end of his ride, too bad warranty is shot. I'm sure you'll see some pictures of his boots, the soles were ripped almost all the way off and so was the duct tape he repaired them with, he said feet stayed dry thanks to Gore-Tex socks, I'm gonna remember that. Anyway I'm glad all got home safe and can't wait to see who finished on top.

Man, I was gonna go. I got up at 0400 and the rain and lightning told me to go back to bed. So, ingot some more sleep. Haha...I'm kind of IBR'd out anyway. Didn't want to have to sit for 3 hiurs and wait for people to roll in.

Is that selfish?

Congratulations to all the rider's that made it in.

Really heartbreaking for Jerome. I've met him a few times and he's a real nice, down to earth, humble guy. Even if he wasn't on an FJR, I was still rooting for him to finish.

From Lisa Landry-

"All good and safe"

punk.gif
smile.png
grin.gif

When, (approx., est.), will the results be posted?
Dinner starts at 6 p.m. Mountain time. I would imagine an hour or two after some results will trickle out social media. Formal results will likely be posted later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.