Flat tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
FJR with flat tire on Oregon 31 about 30 miles west of Paisley. Not mine. String plugs not working. Suggestions??? 864-871-9314

Glad it isn't you, sir. Seriously jealous of your current location and future route.

When you have a chance, can you describe WHY the strings aren't working? Never seen such an occurrence, although I could imagine they wouldn't plug a large slice.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Uncle Hud" data-cid="1405702" data-time="1537212971"><p>

Glad it isn't you, sir. Seriously jealous of your current location and future route.<br />

<br />

When you have a chance, can you describe <em class='bbc'>WHY</em> the strings aren't working? Never seen such an occurrence, although I could imagine they wouldn't plug a large slice.</p></blockquote> Large slice/irregular shape. Resolved, per text from victim. With relatively little pain or expense.

1911 posted: Large slice/irregular shape. Resolved, per text from victim. With relatively little pain or expense.
Glad to know.

Be careful out yonder, y'hear?

I had the flat. It was a small slice at an angle and when you put the string plug in, it would bulge out the tire on one side of the hole. One string would leak air, and two plugs just bulged and then popped out when riding. I got a tow to a service station and the tire was patched from the inside. Still holding air. I've used strings in a slice before with no issue, but this one had a strange angle to it.