Football is fixed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Hughes

Reaction score
So the Patriots are ahead by 4 points right now and these are my two favorite teams but there is no doubt in my mind that the officials called this game one way. With 8 minutes to go the Patriots set a team record for penalty yards, most of them on pass interference resulting in game changing scores or no scores (offensive) and these just were not good calls at all, not even close.

If you are a Colts fan you have a great team and they still might have won the game fairly but we will never know now. If you are a Patriots fan your team looks good but you to will never know who would have won a fair match. Ok, my rant, but there is no way that the officails don't know that these are bad calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt that the NFL officials were always biased in favor of the Dallas Cowboys...especially in their "America's Team" years. So, Bob, you won't get any argument from me.

I couldn't care either way normally, except that I bet on NE to win...so the pig is happy. The whole game was pretty anti-climatic for being dubbed the mid-season Super Bowl.

So the Patriots are ahead by 4 points right now and these are my two favorite teams but there is no doubt in my mind that the officials called this game one way. With 8 minutes to go the Patriots set a team record for penalty yards, most of them on pass interference resulting in game changing scores or no scores (offensive) and these just were not good calls at all, not even close.
If you are a Colts fan you have a great team and they still might have won the game fairly but we will never know now. If you are a Patriots fan your team looks good but you to will never know who would have won a fair match. Ok, my rant, but there is no way that the officails don't know that these are bad calls.
those pass interference calls were terrible :angry:

I'm glad I gave Pro football the boot 10 years ago. Only watch AFC?NFC championship games and the Super Bowl. HS and College football for me now.

No argument that there were some really bad pass interference calls in that one. And until the last half of the last quarter, it seemed that Indy couldn't get called for a penalty, while NE got tagged a lot.

I'm glad I gave Pro football the boot 10 years ago. Only watch AFC?NFC championship games and the Super Bowl. HS and College football for me now.
[SIZE=14pt]+1[/SIZE] They lost me as a fan about the same time. I will not get emotionally invested in a team (or sponsors, or team logo "stuff", or.....) any longer. I seldom watch college football and watch pro playoffs and the superbowl for entertainment. Well, that, and info to give the heartbroken "diehards" at work a bad time on Monday morning. :lol:

Hey my Lions are 6-2 for the first time in, like, forever, so I'm a happy camper! But, I could never blame the refs for their decades long losing streak! They just sucked, that's all.

But, if you are right, and the refs were biased against the Pats, doesn't look like it mattered much, they still won!

The NFL has been fixed for years. I gave up for good after the Uber Bowl a couple of years ago when the Steelers and the Seahawks played. A 15 yard personal foul on the quarterback for tackling??? Every play of more than 25 yards for one team was flagged. The pregame montages filled with a dozen of the Steelers holding the Lombardi trophy, 1 Seahawk. The constant storyline being paraded of young Ben helping old Jerome get his ring. You could smell the fix. The NFL headquarters are in New York. I wouldn't put it past the NFL to script a game. Either that or Dan Rooney paid with cash, Paul Allen wrote a post dated check.

So many more things to do than watch that on a Sunday afternoon now. I didn't even know the Colts and Pats played yesterday. It's refreshing not to have to be concerned with crap like that anymore. The NFL is on its way to becoming the NBA, irrelevant.

Dan Marino and his announcer buds on CBS have been hammering away at the Patriots for being a dirty, cheating team and saying that the Pats win because they cheat. There have been comments about Belichick having a body core that is -273°C where his soul is supposed to be. In keeping with this attitude it was reported more than a week ago that Tony Dungy asked the refereeing crew for the Pats game to pay particular attention to Randy Moss for illegally pushing off and watch the Patriot defenders closely for fouling the receivers. Not that the refs would or should be influenced by the Colts asking.

The Pats managed to squeak one out againt a Colts team that was without several key players. I'm pretty sure these two teams will meet again at the end of the regular season.

(Go Pats!)

I hate tom brady.
Yeah, I know. What a schmuck that Brady is. He took a reduced salary with the agreement that the team's owners would spend the money on some good team mates to surround him. All he ever wants to do at press conferences is talk about all the other guys on the team and what they did that was good. What kinda attitude is that for a pro NFL player?

Now Peyton, OTOH has that whole "pro" thing figured out. If you turn on the TV any day of the week, at pretty much any time of day, you're pretty much assured that going to see his lovely enlarged head featured in some luck product's advertisement within a half hour time. Now there's a guy that knows how to play the system...

Funny, but Mr. Manning's biggest pass plays were the ridiculous interference calls that the refs imagined. Yeah, he was missing his favorite target (Harrison) but maybe they should have thought about getting more than one guy that can catch the ball?

After watching that game, I wonder if someone said something to the refs at half time. It was clear that they were just making shit up and the only way they were going to avoid a huge controversy was to "let 'em play" in the second half. Kind'a reminded me of the title game in "Remember the Titans".