Football is fixed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,

You know it is maddening to some of us that, because you live in Florida, you can ride ANY DAY! Being in New Mexico, we have to ride when we can. OK...OK...we don't have it like the folks up *yonder, but we are getting pretty cool in the mornings. So....football...hockey...etc can come later. Ride now....watch when you can't ride.

But...to heat things up....Landry...Staubach.... and Tex Schram were a class act!

*Yonder....a place where you shovel snow more than you ride a motorcycle.

Hey my Lions are 6-2 for the first time in, like, forever, so I'm a happy camper! But, I could never blame the refs for their decades long losing streak! They just sucked, that's all.
Hey how about the big man running that interception back all of sixty yards :clapping:

Maybe they are for real!!!

Get by Green Bay, Then you lions fans can really be happy.

uhh, Go Skins!

:jester:

Joining the USAF and being stationed overseas was the end of me being an avid fan of the NFL show. Yep, it's a show. Now I watch a sport: NHL
Oh geeze. No...

Hockey is a sport. NHL is "American Gladiators" disguised as hockey.
Oh come on...you haven't watched for awhile have ya? :rolleyes:
Hockey? Yes. I watch quite a bit of college hockey. As you probably already know (if you follow hockey), we usually have a decent team here at UNH.

Professional hockey lost me at the last strike. I realized that I didn't miss it. Funny how that works...

PS - I played hockey in high school, so I obviously enjoy the game.

Joining the USAF and being stationed overseas was the end of me being an avid fan of the NFL show. Yep, it's a show. Now I watch a sport: NHL
Oh geeze. No...

Hockey is a sport. NHL is "American Gladiators" disguised as hockey.
Oh come on...you haven't watched for awhile have ya? :rolleyes:
Hockey? Yes. I watch quite a bit of college hockey. As you probably already know (if you follow hockey), we usually have a decent team here at UNH.

Professional hockey lost me at the last strike. I realized that I didn't miss it. Funny how that works...

PS - I played hockey in high school, so I obviously enjoy the game.
Well, post "lock out" hockey has been really good. Frankly, the salary cap has been good for the game. It spreads the talent out more. Proof? Look at the Columbus Blue Jackets. Wow. I guess the reason I like hockey so much other than for it's inherent excitement with the speed and skill and all that, is the highly competitive nature of the NHL. You cannot assume anything about any game, there is no sure outcome. Two years ago, the bottom four seeds in the West beat the top four seeds in the first round of the playoffs. The first seed hasn't won the Cup in a long time. The young kids are incredible players and frankly, the players are class acts. (with very few exceptions).

I wish I worked for the NHL, but I don't. I just think they have organized the best pro sports league to be found in North America, if not worldwide. Plus, I can buy NHL center ice for $135 a year. What a deal! If I only watched one team, that would equate to $1.60 per game. I consider it my best entertainment value :)

In terms of fairness of play, frankly I think the NHL is calling a tighter game than the college level now. NHL realized that the clutch and grab crap was costing goals and the fans want to see goals. Since then, the scoring average is way up. The fairness of play is much better and there are a lot fewer fights because there's simply less cheating going on. We get to see the stars do what they do best rather than seeing them grabbed and pulled off the puck. College has been slower to adopt these new rule enforcement standards. IMO.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I was wondering what I was going to do with my TV on Monday thru Saturday since baseball ended. I'll have to watch a few Bruins games and see what's new. :)

We get to see the stars do what they do best

tanks, vale.....I'm a dallas stars fan, too.

Maybe they are for real!!! Get by Green Bay, Then you lions fans can really be happy.

:jester:
When pigs fly!!!!!!!!

packerslogo-1.jpg