Forma Low Adventure boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graler

Reaction score
The Fedex truck just pulled away after dropping off my new motorcycle boots. Forma Adventure Low boots. Right out the box these went on - I am walking around the house in them today. They offer a substantial amount of protection. At the same time they are very comfortable. I am a happy camper. I will have to look for some taller socks. The crew length socks just sneak out the top. I can see some mis-shifts in my near future as the toe box is significantly more stout than any other boot I have worn. My previous boot experiments have been with First Gear summer mesh - they were ok but hard to put on. Alpine Stars waterproof boots - wore them once. They were a velcro only close and I didn't care for them. The dreaded I just ride in my hiking boots - this was the real motivator. I recently went for a hiking boot ride. I am diligent at tucking the laces - or at least I thought I was. I went to put my left foot down and the lace was caught on the foot peg. The boot didn't touch the ground at first, eventually with enough lean the foot was on the ground and that saved the tip over. That scared the crap out of me and started me down this path. This was a decision - the boots were I mean. One of those "that will never happen to me" moments just reached up and slapped me in the face. I can remove this risk from my riding entirely - done.

These are called a low boot but they extend several inches above my ankle bones. These have a velcro close at the top and two "ski boot" type latches. Easy to adjust. Waterproof. I used to get some discomfort from heat on my lower shin these are going to resolve that.

They were $239.00 everywhere - I scouted for deals but could not find any. So I took the money from the change jar and made it happen.

In your opinion, are they going to be comfortable walking around? They are quite stiff. I could only try on the tall model......

Did you check to see how well the toe fits under your shifter? I had a pair of steel-toed boots that I was required to wear at work that were too high in the toe to be comfortable riding without feeling like I was breaking my ankle to get under it, so I had to leave them at work and wear my normal riding boots in. These look like they should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been wearing them around the house this morning. They are very comfortable to walk in. Shifting will have a learning curve. I expect to have to tip my foot at a steeper angle to allow for the larger toe box.

They are a great looking boot.

I have had my eye on these. Nice looking. Thanks for your comments. I have been wearing a pair of lace up Danner's for many years. They are getting worn out. I also try to tuck in the laces real well but... always the possibility of a snag. Hate to buy boots mail order. nearest dealer is about 170 miles away. How was the sizing compared to your everyday shoes?

I have had my eye on these. Nice looking. Thanks for your comments. I have been wearing a pair of lace up Danner's for many years. They are getting worn out. I also try to tuck in the laces real well but... always the possibility of a snag. Hate to buy boots mail order. nearest dealer is about 170 miles away. How was the sizing compared to your everyday shoes?
I was at Kohls last week end and grabbed a measurement from that foot measure thingy ma jig. In regular sneakers I wear a 12. That measurement showed a little more length than a 12. I bought the 47 based on my toe being a little over the 12 line and this boot wont give like a tennis shoe. There is a difference between the Revzilla site they list the 46 = 12. On the atomic Moto they listed the 47 = 12. I was more comfortable with the explanation in the video regarding size at Atomic-Moto. They got my business for paying attention to details. I bought the 47.

I have the tall version which I got about a month ago from Motostorm. I bought them for riding my DR650 Dual Sport and wanted something more off road worthy than my street boots. The insoles are 10 cent cheap throwaways so I put in comfy athletic gel ones. They are comfortable right out of the box to ride and walk in. They also fit my E width foot well even with the gel insoles taking up some room. The toe box is taller than my other street boots (about the same as my safety toe work boots) so I have to dip my toe a little lower to upshift. Size wise I wear an 11 US and the 45 Euro fits well. The boots are high quality (minus the useless insoles) and a good value for the $$ . I really like them and the oiled brown color looks great!

Those look great. I wear Danner Acadias. No tucky. Square knot and no lace left over. The forma's look super nice though. I wonder if I can get the tall or low version under my 5.11's.

I have read that the high boots will restrict which pants fit over them. I have jeans on this morning and the legs fit over the tops of the boot easily.

Interesting boot. Adventure but low - sounds like a nice compromise. BTW I found them for $183 delivered HERE - I got few things from there and never had an issue.

Ouch this was a little cheaper after you add shipping and tax. I got them in 3 days - so that is a consideration I guess.

No taxes from Europe. I got my Sidi Adventure GTX in about 10 days. Got to use the beneficial to us EUR/$ conversion rate while it lasts.

I have read that the high boots will restrict which pants fit over them. I have jeans on this morning and the legs fit over the tops of the boot easily.
I usually tuck them in the boots but most all my pants fit over them just fine as well.

The tow box is definitely taller than any other boot I have worn. I am going to move the shift linkage to the top of the range to see if that makes it easier to shift.

Hopefully you can adjust it to where it feels natural and comfortable. You don't want to have to be bending your ankle down more than you normally do or that will make for an ergonomically, uncomfortably long day of riding on trips.

Just wanted to provide an update on the boots. I just spent two weeks in the boots traveling from Austin, TX around Lake Superior and back (estimated at about 4000 miles). We had heat, cold and rain. We did a decent amount of walking on several days - hiking paths, up and down stairs a little of everything. I am thrilled with these boots. So easy to take off and put on. They are very comfortable for riding and walking. The sole is grippy and the support around the ankle is great. I am thrilled with these boots. In the past I sometimes chose not to wear my motorcycle boots - too hard to take on and off and rather slick. I cannot imagine me not putting these boots on everytime I ride. Yeah in my opinion they are that good. The money I would have saved in the long run if I just bought good gear out of the gate.