Fortuna for Salmon Oct 19th, 20th and 21st

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all been watchin' the forecast? This is according to The Weather Channel/Yahoo:

Wed: Low: 38 High: 52°..Showers

Thu: Low: 38° High: 54°..Rain

Fri: Low: 43° High: 52°..Rain

Sat: Low: 38° High: 48°..Showers

Sun: Low: 31° High: 61°..Sunny

I know you guys are determined, and Cindy really wants Salmon..... :unsure: I'm not trying to throw a wet blanket on the "party, but Hwy 299 in the rain sounds..... well..... less than fun. :uhuh: :unknw: :uhoh:

Y'all been watchin' the forecast? This is according to The Weather Channel/Yahoo:
Wed: Low: 38 High: 52°..Showers

Thu: Low: 38° High: 54°..Rain

Fri: Low: 43° High: 52°..Rain

Sat: Low: 38° High: 48°..Showers

Sun: Low: 31° High: 61°..Sunny

I know you guys are determined, and Cindy really wants Salmon..... :unsure: I'm not trying to throw a wet blanket on the "party, but Hwy 299 in the rain sounds..... well..... less than fun. :uhuh: :unknw: :uhoh:
A little shitty weather will allow y'all to focus more on the comraderie. You go slower, and check on one another more often, and if you do get some sunshine, it's more appreciated. This from someone who'll be staying home working. I hope it goes, and goes well.

Solo riders, maybe okay. Riders with passengers....prolly not so okay. Have you ever heard the old saying about "wet hens"? Remember, when Momma's not happy..... :eek:

the latest weather report in Fortuna makes it look like rain early Friday - scattered light showers Saturday.

The scattered and light showers probably = none or hardly any rain.

they say the rain will taper off by Friday afternoon.

Temps range for 40s to 50s.

Doable, not warm, but not too cold.

I still can't go. :(

Yreka forecast from WeatherChannel.com:

Friday: Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 53F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a half an inch. Friday night: Cloudy with periods of rain. Low 38F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Saturday: Chance of showers. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the low 30s.

Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 30s.
Fortuna forecast from WeatherChannel.com

Friday: Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 58F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall possibly over one inch. Friday night: Periods of rain. Low around 45F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Saturday: Occasional showers possible. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the low 40s.

Sunday: Sunshine. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 40s.
Andrew, have fun in CO (IIRC). If the rest of you decide to go on this ride, please be careful and safe. My voice of recent experience says that doing otherwise is very high on the "ungood meter".

I know its a difficult decision. Salmon for dinner on the coast, breakfast or lunch at the Samoa Cookhouse, enjoying wonderful scenery and riding terrific roads with friends.........(NorCal and PNW people being "the best"!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like everyone is bailing on this ride do to inclement weather so I will be putting this ride on hold for the time being. At this point I don't think I can do it til early next year some time.

Looks like everyone is bailing on this ride do to inclement weather so I will be putting this ride on hold for the time being. At this point I don't think I can do it til early next year some time.
Y'mean....maybe it'll be after I'm back riding???? :clapping: If so, can I come out and play??? :yahoo:

Seriously, I'm sorry the weather has caused the plans to fall through for you guys. Those are some terrific roads and would be a blast to ride and share with friends.

HHeeeyyyy, maybe that's where the CaFO (Ca/PNW FO?) should be held? Attn: JB, are you listening?

Y'mean....maybe it'll be after I'm back riding???? :clapping: If so, can I come out and play??? :yahoo:

Seriously, I'm sorry the weather has caused the plans to fall through for you guys. Those are some terrific roads and would be a blast to ride and share with friends.

HHeeeyyyy, maybe that's where the CaFO (Ca/PNW FO?) should be held? Attn: JB, are you listening?
:) Let me know when you are ready to ride and we will do it.

Sure glad I checked one more time. I was going to leave this afternoon cause the weather cleared a little and ride down to Weed.

I will look foward to a spring ride instead. As much as I hate to admit it. It does make a little sense to wait for better weather. I really hate being sensible. :D

My sentiments exactly! Just came back from an unproductive hunting trip in Colorado and thought I had missed out on this ride.

Latest posts