• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Forum Discount At Bikeeffects.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the weight you have given per side, or for the set?  What is the price for the titanium set and do you have them in stock?
The weights I gave were "per side". I picked up my set of carbons yesterday, and expect to install them today (Saturday), so I'll post the weigh in results here. I do have two sets of Titanium slip-ons available now. After the forum discount, they are $617.40.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Jeff,

Did your Carbon Fibers finally show? I'm lovin' mine. Here's a couple of pics to make you nuts!..........Steve

DSC00034.jpg
c4004993.jpg

Yes, Steve, I got the job done. Here is a little report.

I installed my long awaited Leo Vince carbon slip-ons yesterday, and had the opportunity to ride with them today. The following are my impressions:

INSTALLATION – Very good packing of the system. The enclosed instructions were very thorough. All of the enclosed hardware is first rate. Removal of the stock mufflers was no problem. On one side, the exhaust seal stayed on the collector and had to be scraped off. The other side came off cleanly and the seal stayed in side the stock muffler connector pipe. No Yamaha exhaust seals are required to install the Leo Vince’s. The system uses springs on each side to hold the slip-on and the connector pipe together. A spring hook is provided in the package. The springs are stiff and were a little bit of a bitch to stretch and connect. The system has Leo Vince stickers on the canister, which are not my style. I removed them by applying heat with a hair dryer and peeling them off. Some residue remained and I removed it using Goo Gone, and then alcohol. I spent more time on sticker removal than the actual installation, but that is me.

The “DB Killer” baffle is held in with one screw on each muffler outlet. The screw head is designed not to be removed by a screw driver. No problem….I own Vise Grips and made short order of the screws. Enclosed with the system, there are bags containing replacement screws of the socket head variety along with baffle removal diagrams.

The side stand stopper built onto the left connector pipe is in perfect alignment for my ’03 FJR.

I encountered no installation problems, other than my own anal ways.

SYSTEM WEIGHT – The two stock mufflers and connectors weigh 17 lbs total. The Leo Vince systems including the connector pipes weigh as follows:

Carbon – 10.7 lbs

Aluminum – 12.8 lbs

Titanium – 11.1 lbs

SOUND LEVELS – These pipes have a mellow, pleasing sound that is not too loud. You notice them more when starting and fast idle, and leaving a stop and going through the gears. With ear plugs in (the norm for me) there is really little difference in noise level reaching the rider at cruise. I rode without ear plugs as well, but wind noise was predominant. I have yet to ride the bike without the baffles. I estimate baffle removal time to be about 1-2 minutes.

In summary, I really like these pipes and appreciate the quality and pride that went into their construction and packaging. It would not be fair not to mention that I do sell these pipes, and might be considered bias. I feel that this writing is an honest assessment, from an FJR1300 owner.

FJR-Leo-1.jpg

FJR-Leo-2.jpg

Bastard! Way to drum-up bidness!

Lessee, close out my Christmas club account, cash the coin jar in, put my old Harley shit on eBay, put the wife on the street - again... Hey! I might just could afford dem pipes!

Hey Jeff,

Well done. They sure look good on your metallic silver bike. :p

Do let us know your impressions once you ride without baffles for a few dozen miles.

BTW, the LV logos on my cans were riveted on so I had no alternative but to leave them on.

No big deal, except that I must wear bright yellow matching socks when I ride :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(ya know, us color-coordinated Euros...)

Stef

@ TWN

Ah Senor TooHueelNot , now you too wanna feed yoor bike frijoles refritos, si? :lol:

Hey Jeff,
Well done. They sure look good on your metallic silver bike. :p

Do let us know your impressions once you ride without baffles for a few dozen miles.

BTW, the LV logos on my cans were riveted on so I had no alternative but to leave them on.

No big deal, except that I must wear bright yellow matching socks when I ride :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(ya know, us color-coordinated Euros...)

Stef

@ TWN

Ah Senor TooHueelNot , now you too wanna feed yoor bike frijoles refritos, si? :lol:
Stef, thank you for turning me on to these pipes. As soon as I saw yours, I knew that these were a great item to have.

Anyone have a piccy showing a set of the Leo Vince carbon slip-ons fitted to a Cerulean Silver?

They just don't look right on any other color. :p

Anyone have a piccy showing a set of the Leo Vince carbon slip-ons fitted to a Cerulean Silver?
They just don't look right on any other color. :p
No, but you can be the first in the US!

@Jeff

Looks great and I concour with your review.

@stef

I don't think the emblems look bad at all. I've come close to installing them a couple of times. Actually had the pop-rivet gun in hand but the phone rang..............Now, where can I get a rubber chicken!............Steve

:alien: (Roswell is just down the road a piece!)

QUOTE (skyway @ Jun 27 2005, 11:13 PM) Anyone have a piccy showing a set of the Leo Vince carbon slip-ons fitted to a Cerulean Silver? :p

They just don't look right on any other color.

No, but you can be the first in the US!

I am also accepting donations for such a worthy cause. :mmm:

I don't think the emblems look bad at all
Neither do I Steve... :D

They kinda add to the overall picture of a tricked out Feejer (Wave rotors x 3, Wilbers canister in view and God knows what I'll come up with this weekend :agent: :agent:

Stef

PS: Roswell, hmmm. That Roswell ? :alien:

Hey, Jeff, there is a hugger undertail combo on EBAY right now, starting bid is 175 for both pieces. I remember you were interested, maybe you could score these and send them to your supplier so they can make dupes for you.
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=35583
Thanks for the tip, but my supplier does not make copies, but oringinal designs. He also is not interested in a "limited use" design, such as for the FJR. Not enough market there for the time and expense.

Are the titanium ones natural color or anodized? Can you post a pic?
Thanks,

Lee
They are natural, not anodized. I do not have a picture myself, but perhaps someone here will see this post and post a picture of the Titanium cans. I have sold them here, but the screen names are not on the order.

Bikeffects,

What would the postage be to Alice Springs Australia for 1. an Ohlins shock & 2. Leo Vince aluminium mufflers?

Thanks,

Nick

Bikeffects,
What would the postage be to Alice Springs Australia for 1. an Ohlins shock & 2. Leo Vince aluminium mufflers?

Thanks,

Nick
I'll send you a PM or email tomorrow and let you know what the options shipping options are. What I do need from you to calculate this is your full and complete shipping address. A business address will result in cheaper shipping. Email me your information at [email protected] .