Frame Slider question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senecahome

Reaction score
I need to get frame sliders for my 09 FJR. I like the looks and quality of the OES brand. But I just noticed that they have an extended version for 06-12 that is 1/2 inch longer.

Would you recommend getting the extended version???

Thanks.

Have standard length sliders on mine. Extended version *might* provide a little more tip over protection depending on the event. I've seen some pics where folks install a Ram ball for Go-Pro mounting, extended version would come in handy for that.

Whichever one you choose, they'll save some coin in a zero speed drop.

--G

I installed the extended OES sliders and they look pretty good. There are threads here with pics of these extended sliders. Do a little Google search of this forum and surely you shall find what you seek.

As a new member I suggest you PM bustanutjoker.....he will give you all the info you need.

As a new member I suggest you PM bustanutjoker.....he will give you all the info you need.
You are a cruel man odot. I'm glad you're here.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to get frame sliders for my 09 FJR. I like the looks and quality of the OES brand. But I just noticed that they have an extended version for 06-12 that is 1/2 inch longer.
Would you recommend getting the extended version???

Thanks.
Yes! You're Welcome!

Thanks to escapefjartist and Redfish Hunter for "serious" responses.

Yes, I am a new member but have reviewed this forum for some time - just haven't posted much. And I don't plan on growing my post count by worthless and potentially damaging responses. Some may be discouraged and/or completely turned off by unhelpful posts even if they are in jest. I don't think I am the only one who would say the forum would be better without some of the posts I have read.

Rant over ---- OUT !

I installed the longer version in June and of course haven't had the chance to test them since. I don't think they are so much longer that they will cause any problems. They do look a little better to me. I bought the ones with yellow trim to replace the an earlier set that served their purpose in my April crash.

Thanks to escapefjartist and Redfish Hunter for "serious" responses.
Yes, I am a new member but have reviewed this forum for some time - just haven't posted much. And I don't plan on growing my post count by worthless and potentially damaging responses. Some may be discouraged and/or completely turned off by unhelpful posts even if they are in jest. I don't think I am the only one who would say the forum would be better without some of the posts I have read.

Rant over ---- OUT !
Thanks for that....... I thought it was just me ;)

I enjoy the humorous banter provided by the entertainment committee on this forum. I don't know any of them personally, and probably never will, but I'm sure they are just as much fun to listen to in person as they are here. I think you can block the posts of members that you feel are offensive, but then it would just be another boring motorcycle forum.

Senecahome, on this forum as in anywhere else you go in life everyday, you will run into people who want to lighten things up a bit. It's part of every ones life every day. I think you might find what you're looking for @ www.funeraldirectors.com. There might be a few people there who own an FJR and will answer all your questions without the light hearted banter.

Over here, you'll have to deal with a wee bit of humor. You know what humor is don't you? It's a group of words that when cleverly put together, induce spontaneous laughter in those who have it in them.

You might need to take a little trip to supermarket and go to the sense of humor section and buy one. It'll do you some good. You must be a riot at parties. You have a nice day now!

My Rant Over...... Out!

Senecahome, I do pity you for the responses you will most likely get for your rant. Majicmaker will probably be the mildest and most sensible one you receive. That is, if anyone else bothers to even read this thread.

You must understand that this horse has been beaten to death on this forum so many times. That question has been answered over and over. This brings out the stinging sarcasm and sometimes poor humor that you are describing.

Like it or not, and sometimes I don't, this forum is used by everyone. There are those who are always serious, who only wish to deal with the technical aspect of the FJR. There are others who appear to only post some utterly useless garbage on literally every thread on the forum. Most of us are somewhere in between. The information is here, it is worth your time to find it. Just be prepared to shovel through some crap to get it. Especially if your topic is one that has been covered ad nauseum.

I chose the standard length myself. After seeing some extended length sliders from a couple of other companies I just felt they looked too much like a tumor sticking out so far. No offense meant to those folks who are running them they simply weren't for me.

I chose the standard length myself. After seeing some extended length sliders from a couple of other companies I just felt they looked too much like a tumor sticking out so far. No offense meant to those folks who are running them they simply weren't for me.
Perhaps... but they can also double as highway pegs
rolleyes.gif

Ok, so i guess I can't post links anymore... Go to Wild Hair Accessories. They have some nice sliders there you might want to look at well.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator: