Frankenbike goes to the Darkside

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know most of the time cross branding certain parts is not done, but I have seen it on chain/belt drives before. This is only my second shaft bike and I've never tried to customize one before so I thought I would put it out there. Wasn't sure how different mounting a shaft drive rim between two companies could be. Thanks. :huh:

The splines on the wheel tend to be totally different for different manufactures.

May be talking out of my arse here, but I have read that there seems to be an issue with finding a narrower CT for the 5.5 rim and was wondering if anyone has looked at fitting another brand's rim to the fjr. <snip>
Flybum,

You got a good idea, just keep it in the same family... Yamaha

Our shaft drive pumpkin has been in production since 1985 on the Venture Royale. I'm sure there are a variety of wheels through the years from various Yamaha shafties that may work.

Brodie

Last edited by a moderator:
just do this:
IMG_0030.jpg
Gawd....look at all the heat damage you caused grinding that thing down. It's SURE to fail!

:p
demetri

That works fine. It looks like you wire brushed to deburr it. It just needs cleaning up.

Like this...

Just a little saw work,

IMG_1566.jpg

and a little bastard file work,

IMG_1567.jpg

and it can look just like it came that way from Yamaha.

IMG_1574.jpg

:huh:

:D [SIZE=12pt] I Be Dark Side'n. [/SIZE] :D

IMG_1577.jpg

Looks Bitchin, Doesn't it?

Thanks Howie for getting me off my butt and getting it done.

And many thanks to Eric for being the Pioneer on this!!!
:yahoo:

Brodie

Brodie - Welcome to the Darkside. You are officially Darksider #16.

Hmm, the Force is strong, in this one it is.

IMG_1577.jpg

Brodie
What's that pipe with the antenna mounted to it for?

Flybum

IMG_1577.jpg

Brodie

Flybum
Testicle storage.

They stack kinda like Pringles.

:D

IMG_1577.jpg

Brodie

===============

Brodie......... thanks for stoppin by....... the tire looks badass ..... kinda like a drag bike.

Now........ does it come in a gummie version?? B)

B.....

I believe that's his flag holder. The funky paint job on the bike throws me at first, then I remember the two tone green/coppery red. <shudder> I seem to recall he likes to fly two large flags behind the bike for certain events.

I believe that's his flag holder. The funky paint job on the bike throws me at first, then I remember the two tone green/coppery red. <shudder> I seem to recall he likes to fly two large flags behind the bike for certain events.
These????? :assassin:

French_Flag.gif

pride%20flag%2001.jpg

[SIZE=8pt](sorry, Brodie...never one to miss an opportunity to bust someone's ass)[/SIZE]

I have been experiencing a recurring nightmare for the past few months that consists of being caught in some strange Dimension called "The Dark Side." It seems populated by vague, shadowy, fiendish creatures that feed on something called CTs while drooling and uttering incantations that I can't quite make out, but it sounds like "Tortion-rigidity-box section-brake bracket, etc." It seems as if a number of the denizens of this world are particularly fearful of a creature called (I think) "Bustanut." The nightmare is occurring more frequently lately, the pull toward this world feels inexorable and I fear that at some point I may not wake and will be trapped within this world for eternity.

Please, someone-either tell me I am experiencing a nightmare and all will be well or, that this world truly exists and I will be damned forever. If the latter is the case, I would have to make the best of it.

But we be doomed in a very good way. Besides that we have COOKIES. People on the light side have no idea........................

Im am tired of buying tires... I thinking of going this route. Most tires only last 3500 miles for me... Even these new PR II that are soooo great only lasted 4300 miles. Not sure to find a nice used CT or just buying a new one... I hope Skooter approves. :blink: Smitty

I have been experiencing a recurring nightmare for the past few months that consists of being caught in some strange Dimension called "The Dark Side." It seems populated by vague, shadowy, fiendish creatures that feed on something called CTs while drooling and uttering incantations that I can't quite make out, but it sounds like "Tortion-rigidity-box section-brake bracket, etc." It seems as if a number of the denizens of this world are particularly fearful of a creature called (I think) "Bustanut." The nightmare is occurring more frequently lately, the pull toward this world feels inexorable and I fear that at some point I may not wake and will be trapped within this world for eternity.Please, someone-either tell me I am experiencing a nightmare and all will be well or, that this world truly exists and I will be damned forever. If the latter is the case, I would have to make the best of it.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Smitty - You may be rejected. :blink: The Darkside is not to help squids make tires last longer, but to allow smooth riders to ride more and spend less on tires.

I have been experiencing a recurring nightmare for the past few months that consists of being caught in some strange Dimension called "The Dark Side." It seems populated by vague, shadowy, fiendish creatures that feed on something called CTs while drooling and uttering incantations that I can't quite make out, but it sounds like "Tortion-rigidity-box section-brake bracket, etc." It seems as if a number of the denizens of this world are particularly fearful of a creature called (I think) "Bustanut." The nightmare is occurring more frequently lately, the pull toward this world feels inexorable and I fear that at some point I may not wake and will be trapped within this world for eternity.Please, someone-either tell me I am experiencing a nightmare and all will be well or, that this world truly exists and I will be damned forever. If the latter is the case, I would have to make the best of it.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Smitty - You may be rejected. :blink: The Darkside is not to help squids make tires last longer, but to allow smooth riders to ride more and spend less on tires.

I'm a squid??? Did not know that...... Damn, I am just a old man trying to save for the future... S :blink: