• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS '04 FJR1300 non ABS, well farkled

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four hours on an FJR is just getting started. Assuming you will have someone drive for the pick up be sure to bring along a big box for the extra seat and wind screens.

BTW, found a K&N filter in the shop last night, ( I have always used OEM filters in my bikes ).

Must resist......
Absolutely... It's a 4 hr ride from where I am in Ont. If I sell my CBF soon I may have to find a way down there and ride this back.
Your so done for. :D

I know maggot, took a second to clue in who it is. He changes bikes like I change underwear. Which is to say, twice a season whether I need to or not.

I thought you said you bought an 09?

Hell, save the trip and by mine. I'll deliver.

Must resist......
Absolutely... It's a 4 hr ride from where I am in Ont. If I sell my CBF soon I may have to find a way down there and ride this back.
Your so done for.
biggrin.png

I know maggot, took a second to clue in who it is. He changes bikes like I change underwear. Which is to say, twice a season whether I need to or not.

Yea, I'm quickly determining that an FJR will be in my garage. The year of FJR doesn't matter much to me, and I'll spend up to about 8k. Whatever is the beast deal and bang for buck. I think this 04 is a good buy.

Having said that, I think you have the wrong guy. I only know a couple people in Ontario. I started on this forum in 05 and left it till this past weekend.

Sorry to the OP for highjacking

Must resist......
Your so done for.
biggrin.png

Yea, I'm quickly determining that an FJR will be in my garage. The year of FJR doesn't matter much to me, and I'll spend up to about 8k. Whatever is the beast deal and bang for buck. I think this 04 is a good buy.

Having said that, I think you have the wrong guy. I only know a couple people in Ontario. I started on this forum in 05 and left it till this past weekend.

Sorry to the OP for highjacking
Whoa. Just how many people are their in Ontario that ride a CBF1000 and want an FJR? Given what you said, I can think of two now!

Sorry to the OP. Didn't mean to piggyback your sale. Besides, mine isn't ready to be sold for a while yet.

No worries about the "hijack" as long as we're all having fun.

I'm working on setting up my KTM 400EXC for supermoto. Rode it last night around the neighborhood with just the new sumo wheels on it. This bike is going to be a blast around town. Not so much on the highway, but for fooling around town and jumping curbs and parking lot obstacles it will be the cats ass.

Want to get a streety thats something more dirt oriented like a Tiger 800XC or maybe a Super Tenere that will be more suitible for a several day ride. The Tiger has good power, nicely light and is electric smooth but just is not as perky as the FJR. Leaning towards the S10, (got spoiled by the awesome power of the FJR). The S10 is almost as punchy but is a bit porky.

Now, back to the FJR, there is still a lot of great riding left in the year. I will continue to put miles on it as long as the weather holds. This weekend is looking great! Hope someone jumps on this great bike soon.

SOLD

Super Tenere in the barn

Thanks everyone on this board for the excellent advice, resources and information.

Best regards,

Gonzodog

Farkles for sale

So the Gen 1 bike is gone but I still have a few things left over. Might as well pass them on to the community.

1. Calsci windscreen, the one shown on the bike in the original post. Also have an OEM windscreen to go with it. Both are reasonably scratch free but have been used. Used 3M plastic polish on the Calsci and it cleaned up nicely. Both have always been cleaned with a microfiber cloth while they ahev been in my possession. $85 + shipping for both, a 2 for 1 deal!

2. Corbin seat, shown in the photos above $75 + shipping

3. Final drive oil seals, the big one and the small one Yamaha part numbers 93108-43013, 93102-70167 $25 shipped.

Will throw in a Purolator One PL-14610 to the first buyer of either #1 or #2

Last edited by a moderator: