Full Tail Rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR01Oz

Reaction score
G'day All,

I have seen somewhere on this site I think a complete relacement side hand grips and tail rack, made out of steel or alloy.

I am wondering if anyone here has seen or knows of such a rack and who I can get in touch with.

I have spoken to Gary (Garuad) he does beautiful work but not what I am looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that's a complete replacement is the Givi kit for their top boxes. There are 2 different ones, depending on your bike, Gen-I or Gen-II. Not much use as a generic rack, though. With the Givi plate in place it will only hold a Givi case, and the plate's not flat. With the plate removed, you have a flat space on the rack, but it's quite small and supremely ugly.

The other plates that people buy are designed to go onto the stock rack to adapt it to Givi (or other) cases.

Givi-3.jpg

Givi-1.jpg

Strong, though, as it is steel rather than plastic.

G'day wfooshee,

That looks like the rack that I have been looking for. Do they make them for Gen 1 ?

I have an RJs top box and it will sit on any flat surface or tubing.

Thanks very much for the pictures. :clapping: :yahoo:

Cheers

That's a Gen-I it's sitting on, my '03. If the black plastic part were removed you'd see a couple of flat plates welded to the tubing. The plates are there to receive the bolts for the plastic piece.

Thanks for the info, could I bother you for some pictures of the rack with the seat removed and the plastic attachment for the Givi top box off too ?

Cheers