• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fuzeblocks FZ-1 Group Buy until April 22

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed the fuzeblock today. It REALLY wasnt hard at all. Im glad I went ahead and bought the wiring harness. This was the first time I'd ever used a posi-tap before so I googled it so I could get a mental picture. I took some pics of the install if anyone wants to see them I can post 'em. Thanx again for the group buy.

Bryan
I tried to post pics got frustrated and gave up. Maybe some other time when I have a couple hours to learn it AGAIN !

I installed the fuzeblock today. It REALLY wasnt hard at all. Im glad I went ahead and bought the wiring harness. This was the first time I'd ever used a posi-tap before so I googled it so I could get a mental picture. I took some pics of the install if anyone wants to see them I can post 'em. Thanx again for the group buy.

Bryan
I tried to post pics got frustrated and gave up. Maybe some other time when I have a couple hours to learn it AGAIN !
It's easy. Sign up at photobucket.com and then upload your pictures. Then copy the "IMG Code" for your picture and paste it in your link. That's really all there is to it.

Bryan
It's easy. Sign up at photobucket.com and then upload your pictures. Then copy the "IMG Code" for your picture and paste it in your link. That's really all there is to it.
Thanks Jasen I'll give it another try.

First to prepare the tool tray for the fuze block. I removed the retaining thingy for the tool kit. I moved the tool kit to the pax seat area. I ju
iphone208.jpg
st driled the top off of the rivot.

I ran my wires from the battery under the tank to the tool tray. Not a tight fit at all.

As other have done I found the blue wire running the tail lights and used it for my "switched power". I had to trim off some of the plastic "comduit" in order to install the posi-tap.
iphone209.jpg

iphone211.jpg

Since I am sure I'm not the only one who has never used or even heard of a posi-tap I took a pic of the one I installed on the blue tail light wire. The yellow wire wi
iphone211.jpg
ll be connected to the fuze block for switched power.
iphone210.jpg

iphone212.jpg

I used some "extreme velcro" to secure the FZ1 to the bottom of the tool tray. Just read your directions the came with the FZ1 for connecting the wires to the device (FZ1)

iphone213.jpg

As you can see the only thing Im using the FZ1 for right now is a GPS. I chose to leave the factory in-line fuze for my Zumo intact eventhough it should not be needed but hey its a $800 GPS and I dont think it will hurt anything to have an extra fuze there.

Nice job, see, wasn't too bad. I have my FJR disassembled for a mega maintenance weekend that is spilling over to the week. While it's all apart I ran my server power cable front to rear with a lot of extra on both ends. I've got the excess stored away till later in the week when I can get an inline fuse as well as some other stuff for the Fuzeblock install.

First to prepare the tool tray for the fuze block. I removed the retaining thingy for the tool kit. I moved the tool kit to the pax seat area. I just driled the top off of the rivot.
I've done this on a couple of bikes as well. One bit of advice for anyone following along: You only want to carefully drill the top off of the pop-rivet. You do not want to drill clean through it. The ECU lives under the tool tray and you do not want to let the magic out of the ECU.

As you can see the only thing I'm using the FZ1 for right now is a GPS. I chose to leave the factory in-line fuze for my Zumo intact even though it should not be needed but hey its a $800 GPS and I don't think it will hurt anything to have an extra fuze there.
More advice (yeah, some people say I'm "full of it") is to put in a slightly larger fuse inside the FuzeBlock than you have in the in-line fuse. Like if the GPS's inline fuse is 3 amps, put a 5 in the slot inside the FuzeBlock. That way, if you ever do develop a short circuit in the cable or device, you won't be chasing your tail trying to figure out which fuse is blown. It's also a way to hook up two small load devices to a single output of the FuzeBlock. You could hook the GPS and another 2-3 amp inline fused device into the one output port. I'm assuming that, like most folks, you'll eventually be using all the other channels for other power hungry farkles and have filled up all 6 ports sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gang, Tony from Cyclenutz here :bye:

I just wanted to pop in and thank Josh for contacting me and organizing the group buy, and of course, it wouldn't have happened if enough folks didn't take part so a shout out to everyone that picked up a block during the special.

All of the orders have been shipped so if you don't already have yours, you will soon.

I've also gone ahead and created a special dicount coupon for forum members that will enable them to get 10% off most normally priced items. Not being sure of the appropriate place to post that news, you can PM me for the code.

Thanks again and Farkle away!!

Tony

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks to Josh for setting up the groupbuy, and of course thanks to CycleNutz for supporing us here.

Mine came in a couple of days ago and I can't wait for a rainy day to install it.

I did a preliminary survey and decided to install it under the pillion seat using

velcro and the tiedown bands that are already there. I don't see any evidence of

moisture there but can anyone see a downside to this location? I can't use the

tool tray as my Audiovox CC is located there.

FuzeBlock0.jpg

FuzeBlock1.jpg

FuzeBlock2.jpg

Please disregard my "PosiTap" hell, the Givi AdMore lighting kit is was very enthusiastic

about using PosiTaps. I am planning to clean that up when I install the FuzeBlock