Gathering of the Clans! August 2-3-4-5

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah!!!! Pics of Old Michael or u railin' away at one or it didn't happen.. ;)

BTW.. Did you guys open the package I sent yet? I included a bag of cox for you pickledik.

You're welcome.........

:finger:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

great to talk and see you all. Wish I could have been there.

Best regards

Surly and Melissa
It was nice meeting you over the computer half way around the world. I am still on a Tequila buzz as I write this! :dribble:

Holy cow, what fun! I'm sure plenty of pictures will pop over the next few days when we all get home.

Big thanks to Richard for setting up this fine gathering and also kudos to FarWestFastEddie for all the excelllant local advise on all things Humbolt County.

This was my wife's first Fejejeer event and everyone made her feel so welcome, damn good group of peeps on the forum!

IMG_3231.jpg

Well "I took one for the team" on the way home so no one else would get a driving award. Something about not passing on a double yellow BS while behind some crusty Florida flatlanders doing 35 uphill in a 55 .

Gee Dougie Bear did you get that after you passed us while we were having lunch in Weaverville? If so thanks. That one was prolly ment for me. :) :)

We rolled in at 3.00 pm safe and sound, dropped our gear and hit the pool. Stayed there till 5:00 and prunny. :) :)

Gee Dougie Bear did you get that after you passed us while we were having lunch in Weaverville? If so thanks. That one was prolly ment for me. :) :)

We rolled in at 3.00 pm safe and sound, dropped our gear and hit the pool. Stayed there till 5:00 and prunny. :) :)
I saw your bike and Gayle saw you guys inside, got it before Willow Creek just over the summit on hwy 299.

Tom, no, looks like Mrs. Bug took pix....

It didn't take her more than a few moments to whip out the camera, she learned real fast from Tyler. :unsure:

Well, well, DougieDog.

Maybe (just maybe), you should consider abandoning your criminal life and instead model yourself after Fairlaner. He never gets tickets.
Too late to teach an old Dougiedog new tricks. :p

IMG_3231.jpg

Well "I took one for the team" on the way home so no one else would get a driving award. Something about not passing on a double yellow BS while behind some crusty Florida flatlanders doing 35 uphill in a 55 .
Sorry, But, that picture is just too funny! The ticket sucks, irony strikes twice! by the time he was done writing the damn thing, the Touristurds, or Turdists for short,had passed you and you had to do a repeat huh!

Damn Shame Dougie! I guess your charming smile, demure glances and jedi mind warp needs a tune up, maybe it was oxidized from the excess fog inhalation over the weekend.Might wanna get that thing checked out! try some dry air for 48 hours and avoid Coors Light!

FWFE

It didn't take her more than a few moments to whip out the camera, she learned real fast from Tyler. :unsure:
She is a fast photo-jedi learner! ;) Fabulous meeting you both this trip... finally (even though you hallucinated that we had met before... :dribble: ). Sorry about the performance award but thanks for taking care of that for the rest of us... you're such a giver. :D

Erin and I headed down 101 and did the entire length of Avenue of the Giants... it was absolutely stunning in the morning sun. The rest of the day was surprisingly (and pleasantly) not as hot as we thought it would be... cut over 12 then found a lovely little side road (Warm Springs Rd.) and then 116 to 121/12 and on to 680... pretty painless and much more pleasant that the clusterf*ck would have been on 101 and 80. B)

Special thanks to Fairlaner for putting the details together so we could spend time with some of our favorite friends and meet some new favorites and just have a stellar weekend.

And to FWFE for a lovely jaunt around your "neighborhood" yesterday and towing all the nutters with ya... thoroughly enjoyed all of it!

Thanks Richard, wish I could have spent more time riding the bike with you.

I did take a ride on the "Madaket" and now know a seal from a sea lion.