Gear lube suggestions....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan23

Reaction score
Please pardon me for 2 new threads in one day... but as with the wheel weight thread I tried Search... and 13 pages were returned.

That said, my local dealer is out of the Owner Manual recommended rear end lube. What are acceptable, readily available substitutes? I don't want to start a gear lube debate. One guy recommended a Mobil 1 alternative, but I've never seen that... anyone know where it is available?

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Mobile 1 Synth 75w-90 for the pumpkin. I've used it for 12,778mi w/o horrible effects from not using the wildly overpriced Yami stuff.

Thank you Groo... the lube was indeed right at the local Autozone.

Now, am I going to have a problem with my Y.E.S. warrany for changing out the stuff myself... like if the warranty issue is with the rear end? I filled out the card that came with the warranty... "self".

Thank you Groo... the lube was indeed right at the local Autozone.
Now, am I going to have a problem with my Y.E.S. warrany for changing out the stuff myself... like if the warranty issue is with the rear end? I filled out the card that came with the warranty... "self".
No problems. The only way they could give you grief about using a particular lube was if they provided it for free and you used something else. It's da law.... :)

rear end lube....gotta love it. Especially if you are paying taxes in kalifornia.

Latest posts