Gen 1 Canyon Cages in development....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Details of Group Buy were posted to FaceBook:

Hi guys here is the info for the Canyon Cage Group buy thats happening now....
This is for the Gen1 cages.
It’s time for another Group Buy here at MC Enterprises! This Group Buy will be for the Canyon Cages and/or Saddle Bag Guards for the first generation FJR only (2003-2005). Anyone is welcome to participate in this Group Buy, the more the merrier! Here is how the Group Buy will work: MC Enterprises has set a deadline of Thursday, September 4th, 2014. All orders MUST be placed by then or else you’ll miss out. However, it is strongly suggested that you place your order as soon as you’re sure you’d like to participate because orders will ship out based on your position in line. The sooner you order, the sooner you’ll receive your guards. With that in mind, we do NOT charge you for the guards until the Group Buy has ended and the product is in stock and ready to be shipped out. By ordering early, you’re ensuring that a set will be reserved for you and shipped out during the first batch of guards that we complete. If you wait until the last minute to get your order placed, there’s no guarantee that you’ll receive your guards during the first batch.
As far as what constitutes a “participant”: One person, one order, one credit card = one order. If one person purchases both the Canyon Cage and Saddle Bag Guards, that is considered one participant. If you’d only like the Canyon Cage, that is fine. An order for just the Canyon Cage will also count as a single participant. However, if you’re only interested in the Saddle Bag Guards, that will NOT count towards the Group Buy and you won’t receive a discount for purchasing the rear guards only.
If you’d like to order or have any questions, comments, or inquiries please direct them towards Ryan @ MC Enterprises and I’ll be happy to help you. You can contact me at the MC Enterprises office Monday – Thursday, 7am – 4:30pm at 866.886.2368 or anytime via email at [email protected].
Full Price - No Discount – Non Group Buy
2003-2005 FJR1300 Canyon Cage - $300.00 + Shipping ($20-$30 per set)
2003-2005 FJR1300 Saddle Bag Guards - $125.00 + Shipping ($10-$15 per set)
Tier 1: 10-20 Participants – 5% Discount + Free Shipping
2003-2005 FJR1300 Canyon Cage - $285.00
2003-2005 FJR1300 Saddle Bag Guards - $118.75
Tier 2: 21-40 Participants – 10% Discount + Free Shipping
2003-2005 FJR1300 Canyon Cage - $270.00
2003-2005 FJR1300 Saddle Bag Guards - $112.50
Tier 3: 41+ Participants – 15% Discount + Free Shipping
2003-2005 FJR1300 Canyon Cage - $255
2003-2005 FJR1300 Saddle Bag Guards - $106.25

Just a word of caution for you beta buyers. They just recently produced some for the Gen 1 Concours models and it seems to have significant fit issues, along with poor communication from the MCE. https://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=15545.0

This does not mean there will be any problems on the FJR, but worth knowing.

I'd like to see where the connections are made to the bike. Need to figure out what farkles I have already installed that may be in the way for installation.

I'd like to see where the connections are made to the bike. Need to figure out what farkles I have already installed that may be in the way for installation.
The mock-up photos might help, on page 1 of the thread.

What did that remote reservoir clamp cost you? I have a penske on my 05 and I use zipties to hold the reservoir on. Pretty low tech but it works. Just curious on what the specific clamp goes for.
The CNC machined bracket is fabricated by GP Suspensions, and as I recall it costs about $85

GPSuspensionBracket.JPG

I thought I was done spending money on the damn thing.
angry01.gif
How much are these going to set me back????

I read the forum rules here and thats why i posted the Group Buy info on FaceBook and riders not here........

ummmmm

R

I guess if I did Fbook I would have seen it. Checked out riders and found it. Doesn't look like it's in the budget at this point cause I'm stashing dollars for travel next year.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.