Gen 1 Fuel pump

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazelle

Reaction score
I lifted my tank earlier today and immediately notice a gas leak. It's coming from the bottom of the plastic fuel pump housing (?). There's a plastic nipple (approx 1" in length) pointing to the right side. I thought the line was leaking but it's actually the housing around the nipple. It is "loose." Basically the nipple is attached to a flat piece that is in turn attached to a larger round piece that is actually molded to the main housing. The nipple part "appears"to be a separate part, although that doesn't make much sense. I'm guessing I'll need to replace entire pump ? Anyone out there with experience or ideas ?????      Thanks for any help !   (Just sold FJR #4 and was trying to get accessories hooked up on #5....1 '03  and  4 '04's...approx 500K miles thus far...203K on one, 166K on another....)

I'm thinking you're right about having to replace. There isn't much you can service on that assy. I screwed one up pulling  it to put a bulkhead fitting in. Expensive mistake. 

Anyone know if there's a tutorial on the forum regarding "how to" replace fuel pump ?   Thanks !!    

It's not hard just be VERY careful. The pump is almost bigger than the hole so it takes a little romance to get it in and out.