Gen 3 LD35 install on Anti-vibe brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealopp

Reaction score
Last weekend I was finally able to install a set of LD35's from LEDrider.com, on the new anti-vibe mirror brackets. First of all, let me say that these brackets are the most physically sturdy light mounts I've used or seen. Whatever lights you end up attaching to them aren't going anywhere!

That being said, they're designed for (and come shipped with bolts for) the much lighter lights available from the same supplier. The supplied bolt wasn't quite sturdy enough for my taste. I ended up (actually, Erik ended up...) drilling a larger hole into the brackets to accept a beefier 8mm bolt (Justin, correct me if I'm incorrect about the size) to match the bolts that come ahipped w/ the LD35's. I just had to use a shorter (20mm length) to fit the space available.

The lights look great on these mounts! I don't expect them to have any problems staying put where they are.

Of course images are being a pain since I'm posting from my phone, so I'll attach some when I get home!

Pictures!

Clearly un-aimed, but the LD-35's look pretty good!

Close-up of the lights and bracket:

And finally, IN THE WILD!!:

Maybe a long shot, but anyone have a set of the mounting plates for sale?