Gen II clear front turn signal lens?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOAN

Reaction score
Hi

Is there possible to get a clear front turn signal lens to Gen II?

Possible? Sure.

Practical? Hasnt bern done before that I remember. Depends on you. Why dont you convert one and report back to the forum?

In the Subaru STi world, they came with clear lenses and everyone was getting them painted or tinted because they said it made them look too much like a Civic.

I haven't seen an FJR signal lens without the amber interior.  No idea whether it could be opened and the colored plastic removed?  Not sure why you would want to.

I had a Yamaha Venture (2002) that came with amber lenses for the front signals.  Later models had clear lenses (with amber bulbs).  Looked better on that bike but I don't think there would be much difference in appearance for the FJR.

A hint, modern technology with LED...DRL and turn signal switchback...

Pointless, since the headlights are on with the engine running. No need for DRLs anywhere, much less any need to switch between white DRL and amber turn signal.

Pointless, since the headlights are on with the engine running. No need for DRLs anywhere, much less any need to switch between white DRL and amber turn signal.
That´s your opinion.

Whatever to increase visibility in traffic is an improvement, that´s my opinion.

Whatever to increase visibility in traffic is an improvement, that´s my opinion.
20 years ago, I'd have agreed with you. Now? Not so much. Being visible only works if others are paying attention. Instead of placing your life in those distracted people, ride defensively.

Some people are hard to figure out.  OP profile said Sweden so I figured the earlier odd responses were related to language or translation.  His last response left no ambiguity in interpretation.  What a dick!

So, it´s up to a demigod to decide what topic is good or not....count me out fuckheads...
What triggered this? All I saw was a question asked and answered (with their reasons why) given. Isn't this exactly what forums are for?

What triggered this? All I saw was a question asked and answered (with their reasons why) given. Isn't this exactly what forums are for?
People often forget that typing "Worthless" instead of "IMHO worthless" is the same as calling someone worthless.  Throw in the smartass comments and the lack of understanding where all the different places where posts come from and we go right back to what has turned so many people away from this forum for so many yrs.  I imagine riding in Sweden with all of Europe's requirements to boot is significantly different than riding in Florida.  

Like all forums, this place has it's own identity.  It's not as rough and tumble as some of the others I've been on, but unless you hang out here for awhile it can be hard to pick up on the vibe.  I will say that if you wander in here as a dick, it doesn't take long to find the door.  But, if you're willing to roll with the punches, this is about the friendliest place around.  It just takes time to figure out that no one here posts from a place where they are being an ass. It's just like you're saying, there's lots of ribbing and poking, and unless you know that, it can be perceived as cuntish.  Couple that with the constant bitch slapping we get from the moderators and you know how it goes.

So people get bent from people treating other people like friends (ribbings)?
On the whole, people in this forum have never figured out how not to be cuntish to people they don't know.  And then the Cool Kid Gang acts surprised and/or piles on when someone calls them out. 

Like the OP, most of us here have bought into the "illusion of safety" while riding motorcycles. Whether it's additional lights for "visibility" or hi viz clothing for "visibility" or full face, non modular helmets for "chin safety" or leather gloves for "saving our hands" in a slide or fully armored jackets and pants for "saving our hides" in a crash, etc etc....this has been my experience for the last 50 years of riding. 

I've seen, on more than one occasion, a 4 wheeled vehicle run right smack into an 18 wheeler as if they didn't exist. So much for "visibility". If cagers don't see  an 80' long 18 wheeler, those DRLs won't amount to squat..same for the hi viz clothing.

If you merge sidways into a car, or vice versa, the only things those gloves will do is help sop up the blood.

If you take a hit from a car or truck at 65 mph, good luck with that armored gear doing much for you.

Same with that helmet. In Louisiana, we have had mandatory helmet laws for most of the years I've been riding. Since 2004 (helmet law re-instated), almost every single fatality of a biker in Louisiana occured while the biker was wearing a helmet. I have lost a half dozen friends to crashes, all had helmets on. So much for "safety". 

ILLUSION....

To be sure, the ONLY safety that is real when it comes to motorcycling on public roads filled with bad, texting, map reading, hamburger eating, distracted drivers is to NOT GET ON THE BIKE to begin with. 

Simple.

My $.02 worth.

That is all. :)

On the whole, people in this forum have never figured out how not to be cuntish to people they don't know.  And then the Cool Kid Gang acts surprised and/or piles on when someone calls them out. 
I really don't think the answers he got were particularly cuntish - especially not the earlier ones where his responses went off the rails.

If you ask a question to a group of experts (as we are), you can't get your panties in a knot if they give you a reasonably respectful response that doesn't completely align with your ideas.  Once he got a response that suggested that a clear lens wasn't available, he should have said "thank you" and left or entered into a discussion of possible alternatives rather than becoming rude, insulting and argumentative.  Don't become an asshole just because you didn't hear what you wanted.

I'm sure if he asked, people would have been willing to discuss possible lens modifications or alternative lighting options ranging from inexpensive fork-mounted LED "bullets" up to and including a full-blown Clearwater setup.  Might have even found someone to help with electrical wiring and control of a clear lens setup that included separate amber LED for signal along with white LED for DRL  Discussion might have included the possible inherent problem of an "always on" unfocussed white LED being an issue for oncoming drivers at night.

Don't take your "feelings" to an internet forum and do grow a thick skin, especially if you start the fight - flame suit isn't usually needed unless you are a total jerk (as he was).

Other than the definitions for the 2 groups, I can see your point. I don't agree with 100% of it because intentionally doing everything you can to get banned doesn't lend a lot of weight when later complaining about getting banned; it doesn't make you "cool".