Gen II farkles transferable to Gen III models?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Particularly curious about these specific farkles:

- slip on exhaust pipes

- seats

- windscreen

- trunk rack

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Partly confirmed. The windshield is different. (National Cycle just sent us the new V-stream for the '13.) Seats are the same. A rack made for the Gen 2 bikes fits. Can't say for sure for the exhaust, but I'd bet they're the same.

Marc @ Motorcyclist

I just ordered Beowulf exhaust meant for '06 - '12 and put it on my '13 with very minor modification for the center stand stop - I added a rubber bumper where the center stand meets the exhaust bracket. There may be a small issue there, but with a little creativity you can work it out. The windshield is definitely different, but both CB and CalSci have models tor the '13, and I'm sure others will soon follow.

I just ordered Beowulf exhaust meant for '06 - '12 and put it on my '13 with very minor modification for the center stand stop - I added a rubber bumper where the center stand meets the exhaust bracket. There may be a small issue there, but with a little creativity you can work it out. The windshield is definitely different, but both CB and CalSci have models tor the '13, and I'm sure others will soon follow.
The centerstand itself has a rubber bumper doesn't it? Why did you need to add one?

The short answer is: "Depends".

But that answer might be construed as off topic.

(The devil made me do it.)

I just put a set of mufflers off of a 13 model on an 07 model and they were a perfect fit. Also the 07 mufflers went right on the 13.

I just put a set of mufflers off of a 13 model on an 07 model and they were a perfect fit. Also the 07 mufflers went right on the 13.
That's great news. I have a set of Remus Hexacones on my '07 FJR now, and was thinking of swapping them over if I do decide to upgrade to the '13 model :)

07 mufflers on a 13 with give you two more cats than they came with........

R

Last edited by a moderator:
07 mufflers on a 13 with give you to more cats than they came with........
R
first-solar-rumors-310x224.jpg