Gen II Mirror Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCB FJR

Reaction score
I have a blue 2006 ABS with some mirror issues. As the result of a driveway tip-over, the left mirror is badly scratched up. As the result of a runaway Dremel tool being used to fit V-Strom handguards, the right mirror is gouged up. I know the easiest solution would be just to replace them with FZ1 mirrors, and I may end up doing that except that I'm having a problem with the asthetics (I know, form over substance . . . ). So, #1 - does anyone who has put on a set of FZ1 mirrors have a set of OEM mirrors in primo condition that they'd like to part with? #2 - does anyone have a recommendation for where I can order an OEM left side mirror and a right side lense? #3 - should I consider a Multivex mirror for the right side?

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget aesthetics. Go with the FZ1 mirrors. Leaving aside the fact that they're half the price of a Gen II mirror (and a heck of a lot easier to get hold of), Once you've installed them you will seriously question why Yamaha even bothered with the stock mirrors to begin with (other than for aesthetics). And for the record, I've actually grown to like the way they look on my bike..!

Forget aesthetics. Go with the FZ1 mirrors. Leaving aside the fact that they're half the price of a Gen II mirror (and a heck of a lot easier to get hold of), Once you've installed them you will seriously question why Yamaha even bothered with the stock mirrors to begin with (other than for aesthetics). And for the record, I've actually grown to like the way they look on my bike..!
Gunny

As long as this is in the Technical Discussions area and not the Classified Ads - Wanted...

I have a question. Of those riding GenII bikes with FZ1 mirrors how many are experiencing less vibration in them?

CCB FJR, you might be surprised how you can accept the aesthetics of things that work better.

Mind you I’m not saying that I could accept the aesthetics, but you might be able to :D

I dropped my 2007 last year :angry: and scratched up the mirror pretty bad and went to my dealer and ordered a left mirror and cost me 85.00$ and got it the day after matching color, i was really impressed.

Now my question is do you know the price for a mirror in the US cause i dont think that 85.00 is a lot and i dont think that parts are more expensive in the US.

Bob

I got tired of not knowing what was going on behind me and put a set of FZ1 mirrors on my '04 FJR and haven't looked back since, I'm amazed at the wide field of view that I now have behind me. To be [SIZE=8pt]really picky[/SIZE] there is a bit more vibes in the mirrors during a very few small instinces of rpm/speed. Other than that I really appreciate being able to see not only the traffic in the two adjecent lanes behind me, but I can still see the turd that is closing for a rear ender. The extended view from the rear center to wide-out R/L is worth any uglyness of the mirrors.

Last edited by a moderator:
#2 - does anyone have a recommendation for where I can order an OEM left side mirror and a right side lense? Chris
Read the Bin-O'-Facts. There is a particular dealer mentioned from Fargo, ND who sells parts at a reasonable price.

God luck with ordering a lens only. You might try your local glass shop.

I have a question. Of those riding GenII bikes with FZ1 mirrors how many are experiencing less vibration in them?
Vibration with the FZ1 mirrors is negligible, even at cruising speeds of 70+ mph.
Thanks for your patience. I was thinking about it as I was getting ready for work and realized what a dumb question that was.

It was just last month that you revived FJRocket's thread about FZ1 mirrors on the GenII, and FJRocket updated us on how they've worked for the last year. Here

I also could have done a Google search: Google search [SIZE=8pt](eventually when people argue that the Forum needs to be more selective in who it allows to post, they'll offer my posts up as evidence) :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

Duff, scroll to the top of FJRocket's FZ1 mirror thread for a picture of a GenII with FZ1 mirrors.