Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the Darkside tdperry. You have been added to the FAQ as Darksider #82. You will be notified when the next initiation ceremony is being held. Currently the Nevada House of Hoes girls are in dispute with the Nevada House of Hose over just who can take the longest hose...
not_i.gif

Once that is sorted we may be able to get a date planned.

Welcome to the Darkside tdperry. You have been added to the FAQ as Darksider #82. You will be notified when the next initiation ceremony is being held. Currently the Nevada House of Hoes girls are in dispute with the Nevada House of Hose over just who can take the longest hose...
not_i.gif

Once that is sorted we may be able to get a date planned.
Oh, I'll be getting an initiation in June when I go to W. Virginia with some of the Goldwing DS'ers. A few of them actually ride like they are on a sport bike.
evilgrin.gif

Definitely handles differently than the MC tire (not bad, just different). Overall, I'm liking it - except I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up having to get an aftermarket rear shock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it time too see what all the fuss was about.

I expect to crash, and die in flames:

General Tires G-Max ... 31psi, 1oz of weight to balance. Fitted easily with HF Tire Changer, Yellow thing and Mojolever

DSCN0168-XL.jpg

Welcome to the Darkside Twigg, I knew it was only a matter of time for you. You have been added to the Darksider FAQ as Darksider #83. I look forward to reading your comments and observations over time.

Jeez OCfjr, that's it? Poor ole Twigg doesn't get the formal initiation with the Nevada Hos and all the free flowing whiskey? I realize he's an Okie and would likely do himself medical damage if given unfettered access to the entertaining ladies, but he deserves the full Monte introduction to the the Darkside just like the rest of us were promised and never got. Besides he may be the guy with that huge hose you've been going on about.

Jeez OCfjr, that's it? Poor ole Twigg doesn't get the formal initiation with the Nevada Hos and all the free flowing whiskey? I realize he's an Okie and would likely do himself medical damage if given unfettered access to the entertaining ladies, but he deserves the full Monte introduction to the the Darkside just like the rest of us were promised and never got. Besides he may be the guy with that huge hose you've been going on about.
I'm "stateless", not Okie. Even after 10 years learning the lingo and slowing my speech pattern to something resembling an Eastern Box Turtle, with a limp, crossing a busy highway while carrying some heavy shopping, they still say "yer not from 'round here, are ya?".

I beg, nay deserve, special consideration
tongue.png

That's what happens when you're a known offender, rally veteran and have been abused by the Cognoscente before coming here. We may have to return to cat's blood for Twigg. Besides, he's British. He's just gotten used to tornados, but the locals will never let him forget he's always a stranger. Or at least strange to them.

Never got?! Better check your spam file more often buddy.
fool.gif

After "The Incident" it's gotten a lot harder to convince any of the ladies to come out and play with the Darksiders. They used to show up regularly to FJR gatherings, bring cookies and drink vast quantities of alcohol. Over the years, bear attacks, drunken Warchild, (never, ever let this man give you a haircut when he's drinking Patron!), and ass smackings have made them less willing to come out and play. And that was before the restraining order from Jenny McCarthy. Much to the disappointment of the girls from the School of Chrome Removal™.

Hey, I went to college in OK. I learned early that the reason Jesus was not born there was that they couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.

Hey, I went to college in OK. I learned early that the reason Jesus was not born there was that they couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.
Reminds me of the story about the foreign pastor who was touring the country and wanted to keep in touch with God.

He was in Chicago and went into the cathedral and asked to call God. They pointed him to the phone and when he dialed the operator said "That will be $10000 for the next three minutes". He paid and left

Next stop he was in San Francisco. Again he was in the church using the phone and the operator said "That will be $10000 for the next three minutes". He paid and left.

A few weeks later he was in Tulsa. He walked into a Baptist church and asked to call God. When he picked up the phone the operator said "That will be 30c for the next three minutes.

When he had done, he asked the Pastor why it was so cheap. The Pastor replied "You're in Oklahoma now. God is a local call".

I just ordered a General Gmax to go to the to darkside on my FJR (05). Previously went double-dark on my Gold Wing.

A question on front tires: I had a rear BT45 on the front of the Wing. When searching online, there doesn't appear to be a rear BT45 in the stock front size for the FJR (120/70-17).

In the BT45V, I see at 120/90-17 and a 130/90-17.

In the BT45, I see a 120/80-18 and a 130/70-17.

(1) Does anyone have experience with any of these on the front of an FJR? Any fitment issues if so?

(2) Any other recommendations for a front tire that will get long mileage (lots of highway miles) for a rider who is only moderately aggressive?

Thanks.

Well I now have 65,000 on my Exalto and no complaints so far. I think I can manage another 15K if not more as I'm willing to turn it into a slick. Peg dragging though is rather sensitive with throttle application lol. Took the rear tire off for the first time in two years to lube the splines and U-joint.....yes I know, far too long. Overall, I'm very happy with the Michelin but might be willing to try a different brand next year.

M

65k????? Jesus Cristo!

40k is what I got out of two different Exaltos.

You must ride like a pussy.

Ahhhh.....

I am on my phone and can't see locations of posters. Nor can I add smileys - like after my last comment in the above post.

Ahhhh.....I am on my phone and can't see locations of posters. Nor can I add smileys - like after my last comment in the above post.
Use " : ) " (without quotes or spaces) for a simple smiley :) Use " ; ) " for a winking smiley ;)

65k????? Jesus Cristo!
40k is what I got out of two different Exaltos.

You must ride like a pussy.
Think we are talking kilometers...
Yep....Kilometers.......like the rest of the world uses eh? My 65K is to your 40.3K, just as my FJR1300 is to your FJR79.3......... haha

All kidding aside, I'm about 0.2 mil (millimeters) from the wear bars :)

finally got around to doing the dark side thing on the FJR today. I would post a picture but it's a pain in the ass I've never figured out with any real success. I'm on the second car tire on the wing so I guess the KLR is next.
smile.png

Ran outa likes again...

This place is gayer than Odot and Carver for that shit

Rant on Cock sucking motherfuckers!! Get a fukin clue here U can like more than 3 posts you assholes!