Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bust's notes on the front end feel remind me that I've intended to post this:
The only thing that's bothered me is if I shift while turning, it seems like it kicks the front out and then it catches again. Felt like 5 inches the first time it happened, but it's probably just a really tiny slip. Nevertheless, it's rather odd.
At this point Walt I think it's somewhat related to the added traction the wider tire affords??? possibly slightly lifting the front..

I dunno.. I'm going to "relax" the spring on the backend and mess with rebound etc..here in a few and add the results if warranted..

Feck! I just realized this might take an hour or two... Might be best if I have a spotter.

:jester:
Do you have stock suspension or aftermarket shocks ??

B.

The only thing that's bothered me is if I shift while turning, it seems like it kicks the front out and then it catches again. Felt like 5 inches the first time it happened, but it's probably just a really tiny slip. Nevertheless, it's rather odd.
At this point Walt I think it's somewhat related to the added traction the wider tire affords??? possibly slightly lifting the front..

I dunno.. I'm going to "relax" the spring on the backend and mess with rebound etc..here in a few and add the results if warranted..

Feck! I just realized this might take an hour or two... Might be best if I have a spotter.

B.
Me or Walt??

Just added the penski rear shock and progressive front springs.. Could wrangle the $ for valves just yet..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in!!!!!! Yeah care to venture what I did wrong??

No machines or mechanical help just three 4 foot bars..

1999-12-31001002.jpg

1999-12-31001004.jpg

How's aboot directionally off? ..

I could'a swore I checked it twice! mother old Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lick beemerdons arse and kiss fairlainer! fuk feck fook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feck! now it's dismount and remount.

Good thing I still remember the hard part..

Do you kiss your Mom and Aunts with that mouth? That's some pretty rough language, even for a Sheep Fornicator! Truth Time: I've done the same damn thing too, totally maddening!

B.
Me or Walt??

Just added the penski rear shock and progressive front springs.. Could wrangle the $ for valves just yet..

It was for who ever, but figurin you broke dick stupid and poor, but now I know you

sold off accouple of family members for a penski...... piss on ya!!!!!

B

With my advancing years, I have "miss placed" what Dark Side Number I was given. Haven't had any luck finding it this thread.

Is there a listing of Dark Side numbers and names anywhere to consult?

Thanks,

Longrider but Shortmemory

Got my tire on Saturday. Seems to handle fine. I will need to make a trip on it before I make my decision whether to keep the car tire or go back to the motorcycle tire. I will probably run it for 30 days so I can give it a good rub in. Now give me my number.

FJR131.jpg

BP shut off the well today and killed the well. How do you shut down this idiotic topic?
I always smile at these comments. If this really is idiotic, does it means only idiots visit this thread :rolleyes:

Can't be, because I enjoy reading about other peoples experimenting. Sometimes it can save me lots of $$ and pain, and sometimes it leads the way to a new way of looking at things and doing stuff. Long may this thread prosper and thrive :clapping:

BP shut off the well today and killed the well. How do you shut down this idiotic topic?
I always smile at these comments. If this really is idiotic, does it means only idiots visit this thread :rolleyes:

Can't be, because I enjoy reading about other peoples experimenting. Sometimes it can save me lots of $$ and pain, and sometimes it leads the way to a new way of looking at things and doing stuff. Long may this thread prosper and thrive :clapping

I could not agree more, I love all of the accumulated knowledge. Have you concidered going to the DARK SIDE, are you aware of anybody in Australia who has.

Regards

Surly :ph34r:

Hammer

Judging from that appendage hanging off behind your rear fender, If you spend any time pulling, that tyre will serve you well. Give it a month or two, it will grow on you.

FJR131.jpg

What is really fun is when other riders spot your tyre and ask about it. I've had some great conversations concerning mine.

:rolleyes:

Brodie

I could not agree more, I love all of the accumulated knowledge. Have you concidered going to the DARK SIDE, are you aware of anybody in Australia who has.
Regards

Surly :ph34r:
Surly, I believe there is one in Aussie and if a picked up a good used rim I would probably have some fun giving it a try, but no, I don't do enough k's to seriously warrant a permanent change.