Gold Wing Max Weight Capacity

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caryb

Reaction score
Stopped by the local Honda Dealer today and spent some time looking at a wing. I have though about one in the past so I was showing allot of interest. Sales guy comes by and I ask what is the maximum load it can carry? He looks at some literature and finally opens the trunk and there is a label that says max load cpacity is 410lbs. Can that be correct? I don't mean to be rude, but I have seen single riders on wings that might exceed that number.

At any rate, I can't see the attraction of the bike for two up touring if that is the load limit. Heck me and the wife together are north of that number. Can any wing owners help me shed some light on this question.

Thanks,

CaryB

I think that is Honda's "CYA" number. As you have said, I have seen people, or couples for sure that are above that number before they put anything in the bags, and hitch up the trailer. Maybe you would have to upgrade the suspension, but I don't know for sure.

Honda uses that area of number on all of there bikes. I can tell you for a fact that the wing handles just fine with a lot more weight on it.