Good old Gen1 - 72k and going strong -360 video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you have a real nice Feeger. They aren't perfect bikes, won't keep up with a true sports bike in the twisties or cruise as solidly as a big Harley on the open road BUT they do both things very well. I wear out the sidewalls on mine and arrive 30 to 40 seconds behind the lead group. I've done 7,200 on a trip, mostly in the 3k range many times and find the bike very capable. Low maintenance and super reliable. The FJR is not a perfect bike but perfect for me. Ride safe.

You can even embed the video directly in the post.
Nice looking '05 but video perspective seems a bit strange...

An interesting views, I'll try to experience it at once on my next coming trip, I wanna know where I can get this 360 cam?

won't keep up with a true sports bike in the twisties
I agree with the general sentiment. I said years ago that the FJR is not the fastest bike -- but it's close. It's not the most comfortable tourer -- but it's close. It's not the best handling -- but it's close. Basically second place at everything, making it the best all-round bike.

That said, I recall one of the bike mags doing a review of a couple of sport bikes (Aprilla?) on some photogenic mountain roads. Two staffers rode the loaners and the photographer grabbed the long-term-test FJR because it had sufficient storage space for all his equipment. The plan was for the sport bikes to scoot on ahead and wait at suitably scenic locations for the cameras to catch up.

They were surprised to discover they had a hard time catching up with the FJR and the photographer was often waiting on them. They attributed this to the suspension -- while the sport bikes would undoubtedly spank the FJR on a track, the FJR held onto real world roads the sport bikes were skittering over.

Either that, or the photog was just a better rider. :LOL:

I've uploaded 2 videos to YouTube and the resolution/clarity gets destroyed. How did you get it to stay so sharp?
Well I have found that if you can get your video to 2560×1440 pixels (QHD) before you upload to YouTube, It tricks youtube into keeping best resolution.

Excellent video! But wait, as a newcomer, I've been led to believe that I wouldn't ever want a GEN I because they are all "fraught with problems"? :rolleyes: You mean, these are good bikes too? ;)

Excellent video! But wait, as a newcomer, I've been led to believe that I wouldn't ever want a GEN I because they are all "fraught with problems"? :rolleyes: You mean, these are good bikes too? ;)
Man you are as new as me here and you are already poking the bear! Gen1's are great bikes and you will find lots of happy Gen1 owners here.

Man you are as new as me here and you are already poking the bear! Gen1's are great bikes and you will find lots of happy Gen1 owners here.
LOL I actually was content looking at GEN I's since they are much more in line with my budget atm but lots of folks have "talked me out of them":cautious:
I'm still poking around, we'll see.

LOL I actually was content looking at GEN I's since they are much more in line with my budget atm but lots of folks have "talked me out of them":cautious:
I'm still poking around, we'll see.
My 2005 Gen 1, purchased with 50,000 miles on the clock in 2014, just hit 191,000 miles yesterday — all trouble-free, glorious miles. Can’t wait to hit 200k…