Great PCIII map for 06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried the map and am pretty impressed so far.The low end smoothness is to die for!I had my bike dyno tuned before,but I'm much more impressed with this tuning.So far it doesn't feel like I've lost anything up top either,in fact it feels better to me,except now i REALLY want holeshot cans for it.Thanks a thousand times to csanders99 and Bmwhd!

WOW. I've read about the PCIII effectively creating a "new bike" but I have to say this map is pretty amazing - even for my 2006 AE. I will play around with the zero throttle position since I have the AE but what others have written about "the Wally" I can say are true.

THANKS FOR POSTING THE MAP FOR THE 06/07! :clapping:

(btw, the maps should be in the Gen II Bin-O-Facts :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Just put the new smoothness map in my 06 with two bros m2 pipes with q1 power tips installed. Verry smooth and it also seems that my gas millage has gone up considerably according to the dash o meter. It has seemed to go up about 10 mpg at 75 mph at a steady throttle. and up also across the board. I will test this further on my 70 mile round trip to work starting tomorow. Either way wally deserves a big ass pat on the back. :yahoo:

Did you take any hit on the top end? I went with the combined Wally/HS and I am very happy with it but extra tank range has gotta be a consideration....

Did you take any hit on the top end? I went with the combined Wally/HS and I am very happy with it but extra tank range has gotta be a consideration....
I got on it pretty good a few times last night didnt notice any lack of power if anything it was faster and way smother. The transition from crusing down the road to wacking the throttle wide open was flawless. It's a CA bike so it was already way way too lean to begin with so anything over stock is an improvement. If Yamaha could get rid of this high altitude problem it would make this the perfect bike. I hope this map helps with this problem. I know that altitude and rich mixes dont mix but you never know. I will try it out at altitude this weekend I hope it helps.

I just tried the map and am pretty impressed so far.The low end smoothness is to die for!I had my bike dyno tuned before,but I'm much more impressed with this tuning.So far it doesn't feel like I've lost anything up top either,in fact it feels better to me,except now i REALLY want holeshot cans for it.Thanks a thousand times to csanders99 and Bmwhd!

Can you send me those maps or tell me where they are posted?

Thanks!

Sorry...found them....had to adjust the way I view this site.

How does the smoothness map compare to the 01 map from power comander? The 01 map still gives me some abruptness that I would like to eliminate. Also do I need the accelerator pump feature? and what did you set it at? Thanks for any help.

Bob

I installed the holeshots/wally smoothness map to a stock '06 and it was impressively smooth. I must admit I was quite surprised! It may be my imagination, however, my arse says I've lost ever so slight on top. I do the 5000 rpm wack wheelie method and it would always go verticle quckly and now I get a power wheelie. Big deal? Absolutely not since I save that for the dirt!

I also don't use the accelerator pump feature.

One other item I should mention is that I used the rpm gauge on the Power Commander software (when connected to laptop) to set the rpm on the bike as my bike read-out was off around 100 or so.

Thanks to the folks for putting this map together! It is an iron butt dream!

csanders99,

Thanks for the map. I had the stock map that came with the PC-III and I was pretty happy with it. I really didn't think there would be much of any change with the combo map. Boy was I wrong. That is one really great map. The bike runs smoother and the throttle control, off-on, is so much improved I find that the engine almost feels like a different beast. Really enjoy the improvement.

Anyhow thanks for having the brains and balls to cut and paste it, try it out and then post it for the rest of us. :yahoo:

AZ

csanders99,
Thanks for the map. I had the stock map that came with the PC-III and I was pretty happy with it. I really didn't think there would be much of any change with the combo map. Boy was I wrong. That is one really great map. The bike runs smoother and the throttle control, off-on, is so much improved I find that the engine almost feels like a different beast. Really enjoy the improvement.

Anyhow thanks for having the brains and balls to cut and paste it, try it out and then post it for the rest of us. :yahoo:

AZ

Your welcome AZ!!!

I liked it so much I had to share it with my fellow FJR riders. Who knows how long it would have taken DynoJet to make a map for the various slipons. I'd also recommend the G-2 throttle tube it smooths the throttle out even more. The only thing I've found is if you want to open the throtte wide open like on the highway or passing, you have to rotate your grip up a little before turning the throttle wide open. But other than that it is wonderfully smooth when cracking open the throttle

Chuck

Yep...Installed tonight PC III on european FJR '06 A with Leo Vince slip-ones.Loaded Wally+Holeshots Combo map on it...Very smooth throttle and absolutely no surging! What a great improvement... :yahoo:

Thanks for bmwhd for those absolutely amazing maps and also thanks for Wally who designed "the original smoothness" map! You guys rock :clapping: !

Any of you install the wally 06 map without slipons? I was thinking of trying it out. Maybe it has something to do with hearing harley trash from 4 miles away at 2 in the morning....In my old age, i like my bike nice and quiet. Loud pipes don't save lives, they just piss people off and give motorcyclists a bad name.

just tried the new smoothness map in my 06 - and although my test ride was very brief, I'd say there's a noticeable difference in the overall - now how could I put it best? - 'refinement' of the ride? The beast just seems to glide along with less effort - it's as if the engine isn't trying so hard to provide the performance..... so it isn't buzzing or vibing. I wonder how she'll feel when ridden at more spirited speeds? (I had to take it easy since it was twilight when I could first test ride the bike today and all the deer were lurking closeby in the woods, all devilishly scheming to leap out of the shadows into folks on bikes)

If you haven't tried it yet - I'd say, give her a go!

Thanks to Wally, Holeshot, CSAnders, BMWHD, etc....!

Any of you install the wally 06 map without slipons?
I do not have slip-ons and I installed the holeshots/wally smoothness map. I used this map for a 2 day 1200 mile trip and I had greatly reduced vibrations all around the RPM range - very smooth. The only negative item I noticed was a small amount of reduction in the power - more noticable from mid-range on. On two lane roads, this made me downshift to 4th (at 70mph)when before 5th would take care of a "close pass". In my case, I was only after the smoothness off the bottom end and that the mid-range vibs from the 001 map (between 80 to 90 mph cruising speeds) do not bother me what-so-ever. So I copied the first 2500 rpm from the smoothness map and pasted onto the original M419-001 map. Now I have the smooth bottom end but I also have the same amount of power I was used to.

I figured I was giving the bike too much fuel for being stock - I noticed a drop in fuel mileage too.

Again, thanks to the guys that put this smoothness map together because 1)it is a great smooth map and 2)it made me get off my arse and play around to customize for my likings!

In my case, I was only after the smoothness off the bottom end and that the mid-range vibs from the 001 map (between 80 to 90 mph cruising speeds) do not bother me what-so-ever. So I copied the first 2500 rpm from the smoothness map and pasted onto the original M419-001 map. Now I have the smooth bottom end but I also have the same amount of power I was used to.

I figured I was giving the bike too much fuel for being stock - I noticed a drop in fuel mileage too.

Again, thanks to the guys that put this smoothness map together because 1)it is a great smooth map and 2)it made me get off my arse and play around to customize for my likings!

I took a little different approach. I copied wallys' 2% and 5% trottle position mapping into the 01 map as well, I also made all of the 0% trottle positions 20%. The bike is great so far, I have not checked MPG with pen and paper yet but will post when I do. I wanted to stop the abruptness off idle, so far so good!

I just tried doing wallies smoothnes map for the first 2500 rpm and anything above 2500rpm the 01 map from power comander. I also put 20 in all the 0% throttle positions. This bike is a dream! Very smooth! I would recomend it to any one with an abruptness problem!

I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!

This thread has my interest. Few questions to the GenII crowd:

Any of you with 'surgers': Did this map cure it, made it better, or no difference??

What's the deal with the '20% @ 0% throttle position' and related talk? I'm lost there.

I was thinking about Holeshots to increase cornering clearance, but didn't want to add more variables to my already confused ECU, and make it surge even worse. And yes, I did notice a rough spot on the engine around 4K rpms. Will be watching this thread. Thx.

JC