Great Thursday November 14th Ride to Downieville

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff D

Reaction score
Got to take a great ride over some great roads courtesy of Alan. We took some ride roads off Hwy 49 and ended up popping back onto 49 and heading up to Downieville. It was amazingly windy and the colors of the trees changing was amazing. We would hit temperatures in the 50's during the ride and in the mid 80's on the way back home. Had a great lunch at the Wooden Trout in Downieville. Took zero pictures but had some amazing company. Skipping work was well worth it as both Alan and I had a great time.

Cheers,

Jeff

Wow. Wish I could be there to ride those roads. 2 summers ago I was in that area and loved every mile.

BigDolma, great to see you posting!

That's one of my favorite rides, and it never gets old. I've been riding it almost 3 decades now from one direction or another. Back then, I lived in Tahoe City, and my GF and I would ride it on my '78 GS1000 -- north on 89 to 49 all the way to Nevada City for lunch, then reverse and spend the afternoon swimming and sunbathing by the river in Downieville before returning home to Tahoe.

I [SIZE=18pt]KNOW[/SIZE] ya'll had a great day. Bravo.
Is that shoulder all better Jeff?
I would say I am about 70%. Started swimming and lifting weights. It still hurts like mad in the morning when I wake up. Long rides in the cold kill also. Let's hookup for a ride between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Jeff

Hey, Jeff, I didn't notice you had posted our ride. That was fun!! :yahoo: From Auburn we went Hwy 49 to Wolf, Lime Kiln, McCourtney, Indian Springs, Pleasant Valley and back on to 49 to South San Juan etc. I saw someone post that for a ride a year or so ago, and have been enjoying it ever since.

One of us should have taken a picture of two beautiful Black Cherry '07s parked in "downtown" Downieville. It looked good to me!