Grounded

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7xray

Reaction score
Doc's orders. A week ago I passed out due to a ventricular fibulation that lasted for 6 seconds (hence the blackout) before my embedded paramedic pacemaker/defibulator turned my lights back on. Lucky, lucky, lucky me. Doc says I can't drive until getting the defib tuned up to shock me in a couple of seconds instead of 6 seconds if it happens again. Meanwhile, its scaring the pee out of me. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get back on the FJR. The FJR has been great and I've loved every minute of it. I'll miss it a bunch.

Arrrgh! Medical events that get in the way of our fun/work really suck, but Very glad the lights came on quickly for you! Best of luck in getting back in the saddle.

Fred,

Take care, get better, thats number one,

all other things are small potatoes to your health.

FWFE

You still have one of the best looking FJR'S made!!

Wow Fred a bit of a close call. Hope they tune up that little thumper soon so you can get back to your regular life. Sending positive Mojo your way. Doug

Hi Fred,

glad to hear that you are still with us!

I carry my bank statement next to my heart. That seems to shock mine when its needed.

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:

That sucks, man, but I'm glad it didn't happen while you were on the road. Take care, get a tune up, and hopefully you'll be back on two wheels in no time.

Fred--wow, I really hope you aren't done riding. It was good meeting up with you at WTF-0 last summer. I still remember trying to time out our group ride from Idaho Falls to meet you at Mesa Falls when you were coming from Bozeman. All that distance in between and we all literally pull into the parking lot right at the same time.. That was a good day! I'll never forget hauling across the roller-coaster on HWY 32 watching that line of FJR's while we headed straight at the Tetons... good memories of riding with you, my friend.

Jeez Fred !!! Get the Docs in gear and get that machine tuned up !! Let's keep you on the bike :)

Yea, what he said. You put in too many years to get here and then pack it all in. What you do is TELL the doctors to fix it fast. Good luck.

Glad the pacemaker worked, even if it was a little slow. Hopefully the restriction on driving will be lifted soon.